Replay Analysis Thread

Need help? This is the right place!
Note, reporting bugs and issues should be in the Tech Support forum!

Moderator: PhilipJFry

Re: Replay Analysis Thread

Postby Zoram » 13 Oct 2015, 02:37

Tomalak wrote:Here is the other one...

Feel your pain :)

to me looks like a typical case of brain freeze after the game should be over except it's not and you havn't planned for the next phase (happens to me all the time). You kept spamming mantis after he had T2 PD. You didn't have T1 arty to go passed his t1PD...

I would say you only had to change your unit composition slightly to win the game. When you built mml at the end, his base fell down (except it was too late) :p

Alternatively, you could have won with 4 (?) corsairs I think. Or 1 Tactical Launcher. TMLs are awesome, it would have denied him any attempt at rebuilding.

I really don't think your eco was the issue, yours was superior to his most of the time.
Zoram
Priest

Has liked: 91 times
Been liked: 111 times
FAF User Name: zoram

Postby Zoram » 13 Oct 2015, 02:52

Tomalak wrote:Okay, here are two games in a row which I really feel I should have won. Why the hell did I lose (either of) them?

3955089-Tomalak.fafreplay

Just one thing about this one. You suicided your units. They all died one by one to his row of T2PD. Same for your 12 (!) Corsairs.
If you have 12 corsairs, send a scout around, and snipe the ACU (unless he's under shields and surrouded by lots of AA). in this case he was all alone just near you. He would have died in 10 seconds if you had known he was there :)
Zoram
Priest

Has liked: 91 times
Been liked: 111 times
FAF User Name: zoram

Postby Turinturambar » 18 Oct 2015, 12:01

how should I have played the t3 navy stage and what wouldve been the correct use of t3 air after i had air control?
(yes i kinda lost motivation in the last ~8 min but mostly because i didnt have much of a plan.
UID: 3984359
some general tips are also very wellcome.
Turinturambar

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 91 times
FAF User Name: 竜宮レナ

Postby Explosive » 31 Oct 2015, 20:51

can you please look at this setons replay, ive lost cybran navy to t2 hover aeon shields, should i do less eco or more frigets, destroiers and how can i deal with a billion of hover shield with t2 destros?
(BOOOM/1200)

thanks
chris
Attachments
4030144 (1).fafreplay
(695.59 KiB) Downloaded 270 times
Explosive
Crusader

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 2 times
FAF User Name: chrisx1952

Postby keyser » 01 Nov 2015, 13:44

I'm not a pro setons player, but what i can point out is :
1- you try a "proxy" naval base, but you doesn't even try to put pressure. you have 5 close naval facto vs 1 heavy assisted. You could have at least try to force him to invest earlier into more navy, and so reducing his ecowhoring.
2- you fall behind in eco at some point, this should appear since : you had a better early eco, and rock player is suppose tohave a better eco.
3- if he ecowhore too much you have to try to punish it, with some drop, or by kicking him out of the navy.
4- you did well by getting stealth, but your micro of destro is bad. you should build more frigate. your destro are here to defend any subs switch, and in combinaison with stealth to inflict free damage, + to bombard sea shore. the frigate are here to tank and inflict the damage. You have to avoid getting your frigate shot down before you launch the attack.

in general i think it's not interesting to build destro as cybran vs aeon. aeon destro are like cybran destro 2.0. The mix shield + destro is a super strong feature of aeon. you can maybe try to get some T1 bomber to deplete the shield (thx to aoe) before launching the attack.
Zockyzock:
VoR is the clan of upcoming top players now
keyser
Councillor - Game

Has liked: 424 times
Been liked: 540 times
FAF User Name: keyser

Postby TheWeeTyrant » 23 Jan 2016, 00:10

Hey everyone. Looking for some help. Go easy on me as its been like 6-7 years since I played SupCom. I can't tell all of you how happy I am to have found FaForever. True strategy has a home. Its been too long. Heres a game that I wanted your thoughts on. I feel like I should have won. I had fairly good map control. I was very frustrated.

Problems observed:

My tech 1 army couldn't see to attack so a lot of my army was getting picked off blind.
Despite only controlling 1/4 of the map my opponent seemed to be able to produce large amounts of tech 2 gear.

Here is the replay. Hopefully its in the right format. Thanks in advance for the comments.

4345209-TheWeeTyrant.fafreplay
Attachments
4345209-TheWeeTyrant.fafreplay
(46.87 KiB) Downloaded 251 times
TheWeeTyrant

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: TheWeeTyrant

Postby EcoNoob » 23 Jan 2016, 02:12

TheWeeTyrant wrote:Problems observed:

My tech 1 army couldn't see to attack so a lot of my army was getting picked off blind.
Despite only controlling 1/4 of the map my opponent seemed to be able to produce large amounts of tech 2 gear.

Hi, first of all, welcome back!
its good to see that after all those years you still know how to balance your economy decently, no mass wasted on that level is very good!

I find it hard to give advice specifically to that replay, but some general tips are:

1. Dont use mech marines that much, they only function as raiding units and can even lose to an engineer. They are really really no good counter against t2 tanks, no matter what quantity you send them in.
2. A well micro'd range unit like those hoplite is hard to counter, your best shot is to use those scouts you had and just hover them over the battle, when you can see all the movements he makes you can lure them into a trap.
3. When your enemy goes t2 land its good to go t2 in most cases aswell, t1 spam can only counter them to a certain limit.
4. Also you could have used some air to try to push/scare him back, so you can regroup or tech up

Though the best tip for every new player is to watch your replays and improve from there. On your level it might be better to look at higher ranked replays though ;)
Just copy everything from other players and you'll be 1000 in no time :D
EcoNoob

Has liked: 155 times
Been liked: 70 times
FAF User Name: EcoNoob

Postby PsychoBoB » 01 Feb 2016, 21:24

Hi, i'd highly appreciate if someone could take a look at the first 15-20 mins of this game and tell me my biggest mistakes.
The replay desyncs at about 25 mins but the rest of the match can be watched in my vid.

One obvious thing: i didn't realize that there is no hydro and stalled power a bit at the beginning.

Here's gameplay vid of my POV:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvfA-FrpRbI
Attachments
4374414-McNeil.fafreplay
(537.51 KiB) Downloaded 252 times
If you fear the dark you have never seen what light can cause!
PsychoBoB
Priest

Has liked: 152 times
Been liked: 29 times
FAF User Name: McNeil

Postby hYpeXz » 13 Mar 2016, 21:29

I have recently played many water of isis matches with my friend (2v2). We win some and lose some. This time we got wrecked by T2 submarine hunters and could not counter it. I also made a huge mistake and did not go T3 mex at any point of the game. But other than that any tips?
Attachments
4537389-hYpeXz.fafreplay
(162.92 KiB) Downloaded 272 times
hYpeXz

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: hYpeXz

Postby Valki » 19 Apr 2016, 19:51

Recently I feel like I have been improving a lot, as a consequence I now often get to the T3 stage and I don't really know what to do. During this game I felt I didn't know what I was doing after reaching T3.

I was somewhat behind the entire game, but I managed to get to T3... I heard Aeon T3 harb rush is OP so I made Harbs, but other than that I really didn't know what to do. When should I start building experimentals, T3 power, strategic missile defense/launchers?

I'm interested in some advice regarding what I should be doing and preparing for at the T3 stage. Could I still have won at that point? What did I do right and wrong?

Thanks!
Attachments
4671069-Valki.fafreplay
(135.04 KiB) Downloaded 266 times
Valki

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 27 times
FAF User Name: Valki

PreviousNext

Return to Help