Replay Analysis Thread

Need help? This is the right place!
Note, reporting bugs and issues should be in the Tech Support forum!

Moderator: PhilipJFry

Re: Replay Analysis Thread

Postby josephbridges » 09 Sep 2014, 19:42

odin002, no one will help if you keep killing them with the gay**** tactic.. eheheh

but I do want advice on late game gameplay, I had twons of luck onthis game, cause things like tmd and t2 bots were like perfect timing and if not I was screwed...
Here is the question, as you can see, I was invensting in air, land, experimental, all kinds of stuff , wich is wrong, I should only go one strategy and make it fast..

So here is my opinion during the game :
sera bots are good, and reclaim is a lot, so rush T2!
sera bots are loosing to mongoose and pd, so go for t3
he is denying scouting were is acu is, and two factories are there, so he might go fatboy or percy spam, I need two chicken..
made two chicken
meanwhile, he as no AA on the bottom, maybe I can snipe some mex, I made 10 t2 bombers ...
meanwhile, he has too many percys, I need t3 and shields near chicken.. made 30 sige tanks and some shields...

bahhh... get the point, I was lost...

so can you enumerate a good strategy, or maybe one that is faster...
I think the scouting was not too bad !
replay id: 2591172
josephbridges
Crusader

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: BMP

Postby odin002 » 09 Sep 2014, 20:22

Lol, it's rather obvious to choose to go gun against someone who rushes t2 units. Best way to counter it on a map like that (oc is like : bye t2 units).

Thanks anyways,the replay is a bit too old now.
odin002

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 12 times
FAF User Name: odin002

Postby Holynanners » 01 Oct 2014, 05:54

Hello, it is me again...

I've been improving, I know that, but still I feel like I don't do the right stuff, I just had a 55 minute game in which I left his ACU with 500ish hp in a try to snipe move, then I lost. I just couldn't get back into the game after that. Here is my replay, I'd like to know how to transition to t3 and having enough production to maintain my defences.
Attachments
2653912.fafreplay
(106.7 KiB) Downloaded 123 times
"lol you peasents and your shitty gaming boxes" - [AIx]Necrosis
Holynanners
Crusader

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 15 times
FAF User Name: Weedgineer420

Postby josephbridges » 01 Oct 2014, 16:18

ok, first I am not top player but I think I can help you out.

When you first arrive at your starting point, what do you see? lots of rocks right ?
so my sugestion on your Build Order is , if you have lots of reclaimable mass(rocks/wrecks/dead units) make three pgens after factory instead of two... that mean you won't be power staling and you can upgrade mex a litle sooner..
Another thing, you send one engi to make all the mex, use two, one builds 3mex, another builds other 3mex, it will be much faster!
I am not big fan of bulding t1aa, I would sugest you make two/trhee scouts, and spread them over main island, its like a free radar, and because you are seraphin, they can not be detected if they remain still...
then if you see a plane moving slowly(bomber), you can make some mobile aa (two or three is great vs bomber) and if you want you can make fixed t1 aa in the middle of the base, but first, get radar!

after minute 4, if you check you have a lot of mass reclaim in main island, so you make more power with ACU, wich you are not using, and upgrade mex, make another land factory, make another air factory..
also, you can make transport to send engi to other islands, then make mex there and with extra mass make more navy units, tech up.

In short words, make a litle more power, expand faster, reclaim more! Hope I could help
josephbridges
Crusader

Has liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: BMP

Postby Holynanners » 02 Oct 2014, 03:16

josephbridges wrote:ok, first I am not top player but I think I can help you out.

When you first arrive at your starting point, what do you see? lots of rocks right ?
so my sugestion on your Build Order is , if............ks/dead units) make three pgens after factory instead of two... that mean you won't be power staling and you can upgrade mex a litle sooner..
............... extra mass make more navy units, tech up.

In short words, make a litle more power, expand faster, reclaim more! Hope I could help

Thanks for the tips ^^ Will use them
Holynanners
Crusader

Postby ColonelSheppard » 02 Oct 2014, 11:44

Ok i will just write down all points that come to my mind while watching:
- never start with mex, start with factory -> pgen -> pgen (-> pgen) -> mex ->mex (there are lots of tutorials about first few buildings with commander)
- on maps with much reclaim i would go for 7 pgens and then air
- pgens should be splitted around factory, like this you will have a hard day when a first bomber arrives
- nice reclaim (seriously, was good)
- send engy to all close islands, build transport to get other islands, let scout and bomber patroll over other islands or try to deny air over enemy base or let a scout patroll there to see if he sends bomber or transport
- way too early t2 air
- build factories on side islands so you can react to bombers and so on
- build frigates
- dont go t2 navy AND t2 air
- dont get a shield without the fear of an actual atack on your base
- scout
(im min 15 btw)
- dont try to atack his main base if there is an arty and shields there
- get the top island
- get the mid island
- you wasted like 10k mass on bombers by now
- why do you go for a snipe if you are ahead
- min 35, for some reason you still try to atack the main base
- t2 bomber suck for airdefences, either build ints, or much better, go t3 air
- and clear the side island already with your fleet
- MASS STORRAGES AROUND T2/T3 MEX PLS (VERY IMPORTANT)
- why build abuzzer when you know he has air?
- why not build a nuke
- so-much-SAM, build ASF instead
-min 53: see, told ya :P
ColonelSheppard
Contributor

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 165 times
FAF User Name: Sheppy

Postby Holynanners » 03 Oct 2014, 03:23

ColonelSheppard wrote:Ok i will just write down all points that come to my mind while watching:
- never start with mex, start with factory -> pgen -> pgen (-> pgen) -> mex ->mex (there are lots of tutorials about first few buildings with commander)
- on maps with much reclaim i would go for 7 pgens and then air
- pgens should be splitted around factory, like this you will have a hard day when a first bomber arrives
- nice reclaim (seriously, was good)
- send engy to all close islands, build transport to get other islands, let scout and bomber patroll over other islands or try to deny air over enemy base or let a scout patroll there to see if he sends bomber or transport
- way too early t2 air
- build factories on side islands so you can react to bombers and so on
- build frigates
- dont go t2 navy AND t2 air
- dont get a shield without the fear of an actual atack on your base
- scout
(im min 15 btw)
- dont try to atack his main base if there is an arty and shields there
- get the top island
- get the mid island
- you wasted like 10k mass on bombers by now
- why do you go for a snipe if you are ahead
- min 35, for some reason you still try to atack the main base
- t2 bomber suck for airdefences, either build ints, or much better, go t3 air
- and clear the side island already with your fleet
- MASS STORRAGES AROUND T2/T3 MEX PLS (VERY IMPORTANT)
- why build abuzzer when you know he has air?
- why not build a nuke
- so-much-SAM, build ASF instead
-min 53: see, told ya :P

Yup, had a hard time, but thanks ^^ will keep working on that, I'll be sure to use all those suggestions you mentioned. Thanks for the detailed response :D
Holynanners
Crusader

Re: Your personal trainer team

Postby Luminareo » 09 Dec 2014, 08:45

I am a 936 ranked player looking to improve my build for Seton's front. I chose four replays (ordered by priority) as examples of my issues. Advice from good front players is appreciated. I'm not really looking for a Skype coach or anything, just someone to buzz through my replays and type up their thoughts. If you, yourself don't play a lot of front on Seton's, I'd love to know which of these coaches to PM in the FAF client.

I consistently get more than 6500 of the middle mass. Often enough, I can succeed vs the opposing front player. However I will usually fail to turn that into an issue for the other team. This build order (copied from MnB) really carries my first ten minutes, but it's my only trick. It loses vs early bombers (see the second replay), and sometimes my team dislikes how much mass I keep for myself. Please comment on whether I should let more mass overflow. I plan to hunt down an alternative BO sometime in the future. I'd love to know what the options are.

2870169: Outmatched vs Damialni. Got more mass and used it, but he still steamrolled me. In a way I feel like I played well here (made him cancel an 80% upgrade with zthuees, landed a tac on his comm, got more mass). But my frontline still crumpled, he kept the reclaim field, and I required heavy support from my beach player. If you only look at one, look at this one. Idk how to fix it, really. Just seems like he won by magic.

2786860: vs XFX. My allies kill front, and it's up to me to push and take a foothold in the enemy base. I fail miserably. It happens often enough that the opposing front player is killed, but I fail to punish the other team.

2846856: Mutual KO vs tatsu. My BO gets messed up by some unconventional strategies. Should I have been able to kill him without dying, myself?

28599992: Win vs KingCrimson. Desync when opponent dies. Afterwards I push, get stuck, and fall behind in eco. Happens often enough. I rarely know if I should invest in a push after killing the comm, or just start a hoverspam. How to remain relevant as front?
Luminareo
Crusader

Has liked: 3 times
FAF User Name: Luminareo

Postby Voodoo » 10 Dec 2014, 13:24

I moved the post from Luminareo to this thread but i can't help him as he plays setons. So we need some setons players! :)
Voodoo

Has liked: 251 times
Been liked: 344 times
FAF User Name: Voodoo

Postby belatedcube » 10 Jan 2015, 02:58

I seriously need some help with this replay.
Attachments
2971064-belatedcube1021.fafreplay
(76.8 KiB) Downloaded 93 times
[BC]Totaltuna: always look before you tab
belatedcube

Been liked: 14 times
FAF User Name: belatedcube1021

PreviousNext

Return to Help