is aeon t2 even worth it?

Need help? This is the right place!
Note, reporting bugs and issues should be in the Tech Support forum!

Moderator: PhilipJFry

Re: is aeon t2 even worth it?

Postby Gorton » 25 Apr 2013, 17:56

For the flak there is not much difference. Between UEF and Aeon mob shields, the Aeon one hovers and I believe has more shield points (about 1000 more) than the UEF.
(Aeon 5000 shield UEF 4000 shield? I think? Horrible feeling I am wrong here, someone correct me)
Also the UEF has slightly more hp but that doesn't really matter.
Aeon costs slight bit more energy a sec to run
"who is this guy, he didnt play gpg or what?" - RA_ZLO

*FAF Moderator*
Gorton
Councillor - Moderation

Has liked: 1067 times
Been liked: 455 times
FAF User Name: Gorton

Postby ToejamS » 25 Apr 2013, 18:59

Lets not forget how useful flack and shields are on water maps. IMBA!! The blaze is not a bad t1 killer and the obsidian a good t2 killer. Used in conjunction with shields, they are very solid units. I think the addition of a faster bot like unit would make Aeon totally, over the top, impossibly IMBA.
ToejamS

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: ToejamS

Postby Gorton » 25 Apr 2013, 19:07

ToejamS wrote:Lets not forget how useful flack and shields are on water maps. IMBA!!

This is so true; the mobile shields do allow your units much greater survivability with a bit of micro; and the flak allows you to remove torpedo bombers easily (and since both units hover they can't be targeted by torpers).
People who say Aeon navy is up just aren't using Aeon's hover units right.

Edit because I can't spell.
"who is this guy, he didnt play gpg or what?" - RA_ZLO

*FAF Moderator*
Gorton
Councillor - Moderation

Has liked: 1067 times
Been liked: 455 times
FAF User Name: Gorton

Postby Golol » 25 Apr 2013, 19:08

nah. the blaze is "not a bad t1 killer" because theres nothing else that can kill t1.
the blaze doesnt even pay off his cost. it's just crap. the obsidian is a good t2 killer but you will barely need that and it's short range makes it easily out-kitable.
And flak and shields was not the main topic of this thread. I think the blaze should just be split in a USEFUL counter t1 unit and a USEFUL amphibious tank...
It's kinda boring when there are not many possibilities except spam or heavy tech (t3). I used to go for t2 together with my spam for a long time but although i won some games i realized thats not effective.
why does the blaze even cost 220hp? its worth than any other t2 tank but costs more than the pillar or rhino. thats just because it can hover. take that away and instead reduce cost/ increase power and you finally have a good tank
Golol
Contributor

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 21 times
FAF User Name: Golol

Postby ColonelSheppard » 25 Apr 2013, 19:53

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIKHHrrY ... l0&index=9
not every unit can be OP, get over it
ColonelSheppard
Contributor

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 165 times
FAF User Name: Sheppy

Postby Golol » 25 Apr 2013, 20:05

i just dont like that there only seem to be roughly 2 effective ways to play aeon land.
auroras or harbingers.
a unit doesnt need to be op so it is useful.
Golol
Contributor

Postby Aulex » 26 Apr 2013, 01:02

I used to think like you, but really t2 aeon is great if take advantages of their strengths. This means shields, t2 aeon shields are the best t2 mobile shields and like zaphod said they hover so they have a little under 4k health, add that to the auroras health (if you micro) and you have a deadly force. Throw in a few obsidians to deal with the occasional t2, I don't approve of blazes because of their inefficiency but they are great for taking out spam.
"Let's start beating ass and die" - drunk TA4Life

"Just because you have a d*** doesn't mean you need to be one...pussy" -Blackdeath

SCOUTING SAVES LIVES
http://imgur.com/YGk0W0o

How to play Sup Com by Ubilaz
http://goo.gl/je83z
Aulex
Contributor

Has liked: 299 times
Been liked: 225 times
FAF User Name: VoR_Aulex

Postby Golol » 26 Apr 2013, 15:31

again. its not about supporting units like the shield. every faction has some sort of them.
And getting t2 to throw some obsidians in... thats not really worth it.
2 Obsidians cost as much as a single harbinger and a harbinger is as effective as 6 obsidians in my opinion.
and getting t2 just for shields and a few obsidians is not worth it in my opinion anyways. if you get t2 you should also have the advantage of getting some strong battle power in your army. Excpet if it is a large map a t2 upgrade wont be worth it just for shields.
Thats why i prefer going t3. You have the shields and some battle power for less mass cost.
The only time when i find aeon t2 useful is if you are fighting against an enemy com who has gun upgrade for example and he has no supporting units anymore but neither have.
Obsidians are a great unit to pull down an ACUs health very quickly. but if the acu starts to run away and gets some supportive units your obsidians have no change of getting hits on the commander.
Golol
Contributor

Postby Pathogenic » 09 May 2013, 21:02

The Obsidian is great against T1 land spam, it 1 shot kills pretty much all T1, but the overkill isn't that bad that there is too much wasted dps. The only reason to get the Blaze over Obsidian for Aeon IMO is the fact that the Blaze hovers and can easily cross water. Otherwise, I would only build Obsidians for T2 land fights.
Pathogenic

Been liked: 0 time

Postby Supreme321 » 09 May 2013, 21:36

Need I mention energy redesign?
Engineer redesign has massive t2 army fight with little t1, so the obsidian is way better, and in my opinion way overpowered against t2 in a t2 vs t2 situation.
Ze_PilOt wrote:Once it's done, I will give a little preview thingy so you can test and break it :)
Supreme321

Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Supreme321

PreviousNext

Return to Help