Hello, i would like your help with starting out

Need help? This is the right place!
Note, reporting bugs and issues should be in the Tech Support forum!

Moderator: PhilipJFry

Hello, i would like your help with starting out

Postby samoja » 20 Apr 2013, 17:57

Hello, i am new to the forum and new to multiplay, in fact haven't even started out yet, having some trouble with updater, it wont recognize my game version, ill try solving that eventually. here is the thing, i haven't rely considered going online before, i figured if i can be crushed by even the weakest AI 1on1 i am certainly not good enough, but lately i think i am improving, i can now beat easy an medium AI every time, adaptive AI still gets me 1on1, i have also been watching a lot of replays lately. So i was trying new tactics today in Seton's Clutch. I went with 3 adaptive AI vs 4 adaptive AI so that i hold back position. What i wanted to try out was how would it work if back position forgoes its usual task of air support(handing it instead to left and right player equally) and instead just focuses on getting nuke launcher up and running ASAP, so after about 30 minutes of nothing else but just teching up, producing engineers and upgrading mass extractors i finally get that nuke out, and yes it did its job and we won but while i was watching a replay i noticed that although we won we did so only because i was playing with AI, my Nuke launcher was discovered way too soon and any half decent player would have base antinuke launcher in place way before i could launch it. Also my team seemed to have advantage from the start, if it was opposite i don't think i would have lived long enough to deploy that nuke. While i was watching the replays i noticed that it is quite common for players to have experimentals rolling out at that time, several dozen factories, all the while keeping pressure on their opponent with land, air and often naval attacks. I am obviously doing something wrong so please if somebody could take time to watch it(its vanilla FA so maybe you wont be able to tough) and give me some pointers, i am sure little more experienced player will find all kinds of flaws at the very start.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/azuuiu
samoja

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: samoja

Re: Hello, i would like your help with starting out

Postby ColonelSheppard » 20 Apr 2013, 18:09

AI is very bad in supcom
go here for tips:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 4b-3s5vol0
viewtopic.php?f=40&t=3058&p=30316#p30314

aaand what gameversion do you have FAF accepts retail, steam and patched retail i think
ColonelSheppard
Contributor

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 165 times
FAF User Name: Sheppy

Postby samoja » 20 Apr 2013, 18:14

It is unpatched version from dvd.
samoja

Postby ColonelSheppard » 20 Apr 2013, 18:16

ColonelSheppard
Contributor

Postby samoja » 20 Apr 2013, 18:19

Error: Unable to find version 3596.
samoja

Postby ColonelSheppard » 20 Apr 2013, 18:45

meh thats not dvd version then
tell me the version number pls, main menu bottom left hand conner
ColonelSheppard
Contributor

Postby samoja » 20 Apr 2013, 19:05

Not showing, must have installed some patch or something before and forgot about it(that's what they say could cause that problem), anyway i am reinstalling the game so ill see how that goes.

EDIT: Yup its working now, anyway did you have a chance to look over my game? i would very much like to have some specific advice about my flaws, general advice is ok but this is always better.
samoja

Postby ColonelSheppard » 20 Apr 2013, 19:28

well the game is in the gameversion you had at that point and thats nothing my versionmanager can open so i cant look it, anyways games vs AI normally dont show anything, you can go bomber first and the AI wont stand a chance
ColonelSheppard
Contributor

Return to Help