When to upgrade t3 mass

Need help? This is the right place!
Note, reporting bugs and issues should be in the Tech Support forum!

Moderator: PhilipJFry

When to upgrade t3 mass

Postby Marko Box » 18 Apr 2013, 01:07

My usual economy build looks like this:
1.grab as much t1 mass as possible,
2.start getting t2 mass of reclaim (if no reclaim this gets delayed a bit), when 4 in base are done build storage araund them while upgrading next safe ones to t2 and at the same time and earlier i get one or two factories dedicated to pumping engies for reclaim
3. Commander upgrade afther 5-6 are done and with storage

Now this is where i need help, i usually go for t3 mass as soon as i have +30 mass income or enough in storage not to go negative while pumping units depending on situation. Last game i tried dedicating t2 engi and few t1 to building t2 mass generators and not going for t3 mass extractors untill i had 20+ of mass gens. I cant say that it worked since i had to pump power so compared to wining players my mass income was 30% lower.
So how do then? How many t2 mass gens before t3 extractors or t3 first then t2 mass gens? Also when to upgrade second eco generating thingie on commander?
Of course everything gets streched depending on how much units i need at any stage of the game, im just trying to get a sence of what the moust efficient way to set up mass production during the game.

Ill try adding some replays.
Attachments
826639-MarkoBox.fafreplay
(146.41 KiB) Downloaded 62 times
Last edited by Marko Box on 18 Apr 2013, 01:42, edited 1 time in total.
[OS]CrazedChariot: more games are lost in fa
[OS]CrazedChariot: than are won
[BC]Banana: thats like saying there are more banana peels than bananas
Marko Box
Crusader

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 2 times
FAF User Name: MarkoBox

Re: When to upgrade t3 mass

Postby BRNKoINSANITY » 18 Apr 2013, 01:27

Is this referring to 1v1 or to team games? This will affect what you should do... Generally speaking though, unless you are pulling massive amounts of reclaim you should not upgrade a mex to t3 with only 30 income, and at 30 income you should NOT be building mass fabricators. Mass fabricators are not as efficient as mex are (generally and especially in 1v1) so you should not be building them until you can not cap any more mexes and every single one is at least t2 + storage.
BRNKoINSANITY
Evaluator

Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 207 times
FAF User Name: BRNKoINSANITY

Re: When to upgrade t3 mass

Postby Marko Box » 18 Apr 2013, 01:49

BRNKoINSANITY wrote:Is this referring to 1v1 or to team games? This will affect what you should do... Generally speaking though, unless you are pulling massive amounts of reclaim you should not upgrade a mex to t3 with only 30 income, and at 30 income you should NOT be building mass fabricators. Mass fabricators are not as efficient as mex are (generally and especially in 1v1) so you should not be building them until you can not cap any more mexes and every single one is at least t2 + storage.

In 1v1 and team games. In 1v1 i build more units, but the general process stays simmilar althou the games hardly reach the stage where i need t3 mexes, while in team i tech more. What i meant is +30 income left over with every factory running and comm and engies building something. Replay i added is ffa and is a good pointer of how i upgrade mexes while pumping lots of units (less then on 1v1 thou).
[OS]CrazedChariot: more games are lost in fa
[OS]CrazedChariot: than are won
[BC]Banana: thats like saying there are more banana peels than bananas
Marko Box
Crusader

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 2 times
FAF User Name: MarkoBox

Return to Help