Need help with a game versus a pro

Need help? This is the right place!
Note, reporting bugs and issues should be in the Tech Support forum!

Moderator: PhilipJFry

Need help with a game versus a pro

Postby Flynn » 11 Apr 2013, 23:01

Okay, I could tell I was gonna lose this game if not for a little luck at the end. One innovative thing that I did was that I expanded with my com on one side and an engineer on the other which guranteed me at least 1 expansion point. Although I could feel the game slipping away from me after I had secured the point with my com. He went T2 whilst I literally did not have the economy to keep up with him. I don't normally get to play against people this level and it showed during the game, I felt overwhelmed with attacks coming from all sides :lol:

Edit: Right, having watched the replay, things I noticed:

1. He secures the middle mass which allows him to go T2. If I would contest the middle mass I would NOT have been able to secure the 4 mexes on the side. By going to the side I was GUARANTEED 4 mexes but if I contested the middle I would likely have ended up with no mexes or reclaim.

2. I overspam power a bit which is an easy mistake when you forget to pause your power spam engy team.

3. The "com expansion" slowed me down a bit, but at the same time I would NOT have secured the side without it since the enemy was streaming units there.
Attachments
812251-Flynn.fafreplay
(43.98 KiB) Downloaded 85 times
Last edited by Flynn on 11 Apr 2013, 23:18, edited 1 time in total.
Flynn
Evaluator

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 8 times
FAF User Name: Flynn

Re: Need help with a game versus a pro

Postby Softly » 11 Apr 2013, 23:03

Hi Flynn. Arkansas tells me that you are me. As such I advise spending more time waiting for them to make a mistake, since you're always going to make plenty. Thats just a little advise I would give from myself to myself.
Softly
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 251 times
FAF User Name: Softles

Postby Flynn » 11 Apr 2013, 23:21

0_o What an unusual post :lol: I should wait for my enemy to make a mistake, because I make plenty of mistakes? :? I'm not quite sure how that could help, but moving swiftly on, any other ideas? :| Or has much alcohol been imbiled tonight :D
Flynn
Evaluator

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 8 times
FAF User Name: Flynn

Postby Softly » 12 Apr 2013, 00:06

I win more games with a worse BO, and fewer units than I do by any other means. Just play your own game carefully, and I can almost guarantee you that they'll make the mistake you need to win. Pm me sometime if you need the replays for evidence.
Softly
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 251 times
FAF User Name: Softles

Return to Help