Mantis and Gun ACU

Need help? This is the right place!
Note, reporting bugs and issues should be in the Tech Support forum!

Moderator: PhilipJFry

Mantis and Gun ACU

Postby Hascins » 01 Apr 2013, 14:38

Hi Guys,

I just lost a game :(...and I'm angry with myself cuz IMO i controlled the game until he got his gun upgrade...I dont know exactly what I did wrong. Maybe you can help me out.

When I watched the replay the only mistake I could find was, that I rushed in too early and fed the acu with too much t1 units. But is that the only mistake? IMO it's quite impossible to rush cybran without teching if the opponent has a bunch of manits and the gun.

Thx guys...
Attachments
778156-Knorpsel.fafreplay
(48.51 KiB) Downloaded 70 times
Hascins
Contributor

Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 24 times
FAF User Name: Hascins

Re: Mantis and Gun ACU

Postby cptwhite » 01 Apr 2013, 14:52

Basically you mis-managed your units. You broke into smaller groups and marched them in, in lower quantities than he had defending + his ACU was upgraded with gun. You wasted most of your units feeding into his denfence them fully exposed your comm to his mass of units....it was gg from there on as your comm didn't have the back up to stop the kill.

Cut to thew replay around 11 min 30 sec. You have approx 80 units on the field, he has approx. 60. This was the turning point. If you had backed off, re-grouped, defended terratory won or pushed on his left side I think he game ending would've been very different.
cptwhite
Crusader

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times

Postby ColonelSheppard » 01 Apr 2013, 15:02

yeah at the start you can nicely see why mantis are so awesome now, owns 3 mechmarines

at min 7:16, you waste all your units
then you have your ACU massivly out of position = much hp lost and you was all your units again
Last edited by ColonelSheppard on 01 Apr 2013, 15:05, edited 1 time in total.
ColonelSheppard
Contributor

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 165 times
FAF User Name: Sheppy

Postby Hascins » 01 Apr 2013, 15:05

I split up my units to push on two sides and hopefully get into his base and do some damage...it was on purpose....i closed the button with walls to prevent small raiding groups....

i felt somehow strong enough to keep his acu and mantis away, but that das definetly wrong....in last consequence next time i would back of, tech up build some t2/t1 pd combo and force him out of his nest ;)

but my point is still...it is hard to rush cybran just with t1 units...and i think i did a lot more better then he did, like raiding, reclaim, gaining mapcontrol etc...
Hascins
Contributor

Postby Hascins » 01 Apr 2013, 15:06

@ sheppard

yeah...thats why i dont build labs anymore against cybran...you have to build about 4 labs to kill 1 mantis
Hascins
Contributor

Return to Help