Frustating game

Need help? This is the right place!
Note, reporting bugs and issues should be in the Tech Support forum!

Moderator: PhilipJFry

Frustating game

Postby Flynn » 28 Mar 2013, 14:01

I really don't get this. I should have won this game. I just felt like I couldn't make that final push. I couldn't make the final push and I don't know why! It is about 20 minutes of back and forth where I just couldn't seem to get enough units in one go to finish his base. Every now and then I have a game like this one which is the ultimate frustration. My opponent is good and I have never beaten him 1v1 before. I have come close in 1 other game like this but I have never been able to beat him and the trouble is he doesn't give up either.
Attachments
760879-Flynn.fafreplay
(68.39 KiB) Downloaded 92 times
Flynn
Evaluator

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 8 times
FAF User Name: Flynn

Re: Frustating game

Postby discoverer2k4 » 28 Mar 2013, 14:14

without watching your replay ... (not at home at the moment)
It sounds like you give him a lot of reclaimables on his side of the map due to your attempts of pushing into his base... do you considered this?
ranking :
~1500 global / ~1100 ladder
~1100 games / ~ 400 games
discoverer2k4
Contributor

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: discoverer2k4

Postby Flynn » 28 Mar 2013, 14:40

Yeah a bit maybe. I've just realised that there is also a subtle reason for my lack of ability to push. I am used to Aeon's stronger ACU and higher DPS of the Auroras but as Cybran I do not have that firepower which is why I cannot finish his ACU with my com + a few units.
Flynn
Evaluator

Postby Flynn » 28 Mar 2013, 16:41

I have analysed the replay. It appears at the 15 minute mark I should have been able to go on a final push, but my com is too damaged from earlier engagements. He is also persistant in destroying the engineers that I keep sending to build the middle radar. At one point he is down to 4 mexes whilst I am on 9, I should have been able to overrun him.
Flynn
Evaluator

Return to Help