How do I beat this?

Need help? This is the right place!
Note, reporting bugs and issues should be in the Tech Support forum!

Moderator: PhilipJFry

How do I beat this?

Postby Supreme321 » 27 Mar 2013, 18:50

Ok on theta passage at the begging of the game, first 4 minutes, my opponent rushes me with artillery and his commander. At this point i'm still building up and thus don't have the ability to even build a pd very fast. I destroy all his arty and his commander is still coming into my base. Now I think this should be an easy win as he destroys all my power. Then like James bond a t2 tranport comes and picks him up. So as of now my base has no power, he has t2 air, all my engies are dead, and his commander is still alive. At this point I just gave up because I saw chance at winning. Would any pro like to tell me how I could beat this.
Ze_PilOt wrote:Once it's done, I will give a little preview thingy so you can test and break it :)
Supreme321

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Supreme321

Re: How do I beat this?

Postby Ze_PilOt » 27 Mar 2013, 18:54

He has T2 air while you are still building your initial base ? Something wrong here :)
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Postby Golol » 27 Mar 2013, 19:09

well i think it was simply the problem that he was rushing you. you should be able to defend with your com and units that you can constantly build!
Golol
Contributor

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 21 times
FAF User Name: Golol

Postby ZaphodX » 27 Mar 2013, 19:12

You need to post a replay. What you are describing isn't possible - you can't do an arty rush and also escape with a t2 transport that early. Getting t2 air on theta is usually a terrible idea anyway.
ZaphodX
Contributor

FAF User Name: TAG_ZaphodX

Postby ColonelSheppard » 27 Mar 2013, 19:24

ZaphodX wrote:Getting t2 air on theta is usually a terrible idea anyway.

meh
ColonelSheppard
Contributor

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 165 times
FAF User Name: Sheppy

Postby Supreme321 » 27 Mar 2013, 20:08

Here ya go please tell me it's impossible now. Also, I have no eco pretty much at this point at 5 min and he has t2 air, i'm screwed pretty much.
Attachments
757986-Pink_Commander.fafreplay
(12.87 KiB) Downloaded 144 times
Ze_PilOt wrote:Once it's done, I will give a little preview thingy so you can test and break it :)
Supreme321

Postby Petricpwnz » 27 Mar 2013, 21:53

Supreme321 wrote:Here ya go please tell me it's impossible now. Also, I have no eco pretty much at this point at 5 min and he has t2 air, i'm screwed pretty much.

Lol, newer saw such a crazy strategy on theta. But it's not hard to counter, you just need to scout, as soon as you see that he's going such fast t2 air just build your own air factory and spam ints. And you need to send your tanks to his base, there is pretty much nothing to defend with, when you will destroy his pgens he won't have any power either.
Blackheart wrote:actually i love lolis and want petry to be my waifu

Scientifically proving that Blackheart is a weeb - https://imgur.com/a/J436c | https://clips.twitch.tv/AssiduousAverageOxMikeHogu

Best meme of 2017 - https://puu.sh/yLsvH/abbf54eb99.mp4
Petricpwnz
Priest

Has liked: 442 times
Been liked: 473 times
FAF User Name: Fremy_Speeddraw

Postby ZaphodX » 27 Mar 2013, 22:24

Lol what an interesting replay.

Should have raided way more early on with those tanks.

Should have gone for the arty - your tanks just stood around.

You can always try to kill the transport when it comes in, they are incredibly vulnerable. Probably couldn't have managed it this time.

Keep all units away from the comm unless your comm is there too.

Should have kept playing - land raid HARD. Get one fac repeat building engineers, rest on tank spam. Get the hydro up asap and land spam tanks. Raid a lot with your tanks and get some t1 aa next to your hydro.
ZaphodX
Contributor

Postby Supreme321 » 28 Mar 2013, 03:47

Great idea assuming it wont take him any time to get 10 gunships up which is plenty to kill my commander. He already had 1 by the time I tried to evacuate.
Supreme321

Postby ZaphodX » 28 Mar 2013, 12:48

Supreme321 wrote:Great idea assuming it wont take him any time to get 10 gunships up which is plenty to kill my commander. He already had 1 by the time I tried to evacuate.

If you raid hard early and after he gets t2 then he has no eco to make units and no map control. If he kills your raiding tanks you have tons of time to get on your feet, if he goes for your base or your comm you can get up t1 AA and control the entire map leaving him with no eco.
ZaphodX
Contributor

Next

Return to Help