How do I beat this?

Need help? This is the right place!
Note, reporting bugs and issues should be in the Tech Support forum!

Moderator: PhilipJFry

Re: How do I beat this?

Postby JeeVeS » 28 Mar 2013, 13:22

LOL, epic troll demon arm.

The counter is a hidden energy storage and 5000 in the bank.
JeeVeS

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 15 times
FAF User Name: IridiumBLOWS

Postby Nombringer » 30 Mar 2013, 06:38

ColonelSheppard wrote:
ZaphodX wrote:Getting t2 air on theta is usually a terrible idea anyway.

meh

INb4 Ghetto snipe......
BC_Blackheart: i just copy his shit and do it 5% better leads to easy win usually xD

Need help? Are you a new player? Feel free to message me any time in the lobby :) Lessons may cost a portoin of your soul.... (Noms are included but not guaranteed)
Nombringer
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 210 times
Been liked: 65 times
FAF User Name: Nombringer

Postby cptwhite » 01 Apr 2013, 13:18

Things you should've done but you didn't:

4 min - no radar / scouts on the map at all...at least a couple of scouts should be out by now scouting whats incoming.
4 min 30 sec - move your tanks away from his comm, with only 6/8 on the field you're just going to give him veterancy
4 min 45 sec - you didn't rebuild hydro or switch back to econ production fast or hard enough
5 min 15 sec - it's now obvious you're going to loose all power, but instead of definitely switching back to the hydro you're building another factory you will have no ability of using because of no power

A hydro costs the same as a 1 T1 power plant, but 5x the power generation. When you're in that situation hard build it to get you at least a minimum power generation for a functional early base and move forward from that. If you'd have done things slightly differently as zaphod and I have pointed out the map control would have been easy with land spam. He might have gone for T2 gunships, but mass T1 mobile AA would have dealt with them thoroughly enough....or just get your own air fac and spam some intys. Either way you would've had econ advantage and map control and eventually you would've won.
cptwhite
Crusader

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times

Postby HEAVY » 13 Apr 2013, 01:27

ZaphodX wrote:Lol what an interesting replay.

You should cast 3-5 of these short and interesting ones together :D
HEAVY

Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: HEAVY

Postby ZaphodX » 13 Apr 2013, 02:18

HEAVY wrote:
ZaphodX wrote:Lol what an interesting replay.

You should cast 3-5 of these short and interesting ones together :D

For sure if I had that many :)
ZaphodX
Contributor

FAF User Name: TAG_ZaphodX

Postby ZLO_RD » 13 Apr 2013, 10:01

Demon_arm used this against other players, the main thing i want to note that his BO is always different!
he even started with air fac once just to hide his air fac deeper in base, or making t2 engie and t2 pds while making transport or after transport or making t2 gunships, pretty fun tactic i should say, and it works time to time, but he were playing against awerage players.
http://www.youtube.com/user/dimatularus
http://www.twitch.tv/zlo_rd
TA4Life: "At the very least we are not slaves to the UI"
ZLO_RD
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 303 times
Been liked: 400 times
FAF User Name: ZLO

Postby samoja » 22 Apr 2013, 10:08

I am a nob too but if that is Demon_arm usual strategy i would say it will revenge to him, this is how i would counter it(this is considering i know i play against him and that this is what he does) i would start with an air factory and then i would pump all my resources into interceptors, that i would hide somewhere away from my base, then when he makes his move i would just let him enjoy himself in my base but i would cut off his escape with my commander, and then when he thinks he is perfectly safe and tries to get away i would ambush his transport, shoot it down and he would fall to his death :twisted: .
samoja

FAF User Name: samoja

Previous

Return to Help