1n1 open palms. i have map control but lose against camp

Need help? This is the right place!
Note, reporting bugs and issues should be in the Tech Support forum!

Moderator: PhilipJFry

1n1 open palms. i have map control but lose against camp

Postby Golol » 23 Mar 2013, 00:38

Could you please tell me what i should've done and what i did wrong?
I think I did pretty well in the first half. when i was able to keep my half of the map and when i realized i was floating on mass i went for t2.
So i easily pushed him back and then i was sitting on his doorstep. but he was just spamming up t2 defenses
I have no idea what i should've done. I tried to overrun them but he had to many. If i would just have kept my units he would have been getting superior step by step.
So my army got killed and a few minutes later, i lost all the map control.
I know that it was a big mistake barely covering the middle but i think why i lost is because i wasnt able to break his camp. actually i didnt knew what to do. I bet most of the players would have been able to win in this situation.
I am thinking if it would have been good to go for t3 but i didnt feel like i had the ressources.
I cant upgrade all the mexes on the map. and even if i start i wont get more units. in that time he could build up a whole army.
what i did after i lost mapcontrol doesnt really matter because we both knew i had lost. atleast on our skill rank.
he had his mexes upgraded and defenses up. i was running on maximum 20 mass...
I think i found atleast one more big mistake: right after i beat his forces i was sitting in front of his base and he only had about 2 t2 pds. i focused on the com but maybe i should have moved in my forces to the back of his base.
so well yea, i think what happened to me is a typical situation ;) I would appreciate if someone would sortof analyse it
Golol
Contributor

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 21 times
FAF User Name: Golol

Re: 1n1 open palms. i have map control but lose against camp

Postby JeeVeS » 23 Mar 2013, 01:27

Alright where to begin...

First, when you want help with a specific replay, it helps to upload the replay or give the number for it.

Mass blazes is not legitimate. A simple aurora spam will accomplish more. Add in some shields and obsidians if you insist on t2.

While at one point you technically had map control, you failed to destroy the NINE mexes he had virtually undefended outside of his base. You also neglected to build on a good dozen of the mass points on your side, including both side islands. Due to these flagrant oversights, he had consistently more mass and was never in any real danger. Obviously map control doesn't mean anything when you do absolutely nothing to take advantage of it.

You should have simply limited him to the six mexes he could actually defend, kept scout planes watching him, taken all the mass points you could reach and defended them with your army, reclaimed much more, and possibly tech until you had a comfortable lead. That being said, with all the t1 mexes you should have had, you could have easily gone t3 and ended the game with harbs and mobile arty.
JeeVeS

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 15 times
FAF User Name: IridiumBLOWS

Postby Golol » 23 Mar 2013, 03:57

oh damn i forgot to post the link for the replay. ill do tomorrow cause i am on my phone.
and i did control all the mexes on my side (the ones on his side werent under control enough) and he was indeed limited to a few mexes.
and i built blazes because is suddenly realizes i am wasting ressources and i did not build enough lafas. i was lacking eco to build them before but then boom i got all the mass points around my base and had to use the eco.
well yea replay coming up in 10-15 hrs :D
Golol
Contributor

Postby JeeVeS » 23 Mar 2013, 08:42

Golol wrote:i did control all the mexes on my side

WTF? Have you watched your own replay or are you being intentionally retarded? Pause the game at 12 minutes. There are 5 unused mass points on your side, 4 in the middle, 3 at the top right, 3 at the bottom left, 7 behind your com, and 2 unused hydrocarbon spots on your side. Not a single one of these even has a mex or hydrocarbon ordered to be built on it. This isn't up for debate; it's all factual. You are also at -29 mass and +200 power with nothing but blazes queued up.

Over the next three minutes you build a mex on exactly 3 of the point's I just mentioned, while losing 6 others to small groups of strikers. You remain oblivious to the 12 unguarded mexes outside of his base while instead choosing to suicide large numbers of units into his com and t2 pd. Your reclaim is under 1500 mass and you are still mass stalling by around 30.

You attack the bottom and kill 3 of his mass points (but strangely not the forth) and he builds on a point he had previously neglected, giving him 9 virtually undefended mexes that could have all been destroyed. Instead of doing this you choose to suicide some more units into his pds and just generally mill around while he sends a large force up through the center and does considerable damage, as well as using a few troops on the sides to destroy the few mexes that you had. You built a few mexes on the right however they were quickly destroyed while your com was doing nothing walking around in the middle of the map.

The game ended with him having spent 36k more mass then you while you still managed to excess over 600. I wouldn't even call what he did camping. He simply built some pd and you ran into them. You didn't get proper intel and you didn't destroy the mass points around his base that clearly had little defense. You left over 20 accessible mass points untaken. This is why you lost.

Before starting to dream up some ridiculous argument to contradict anything I've said or trying to rationalize your foolish inaction, take a second to remember that you are not good at this game. You have understandably asked for help in the noob forum and I am obliging by giving you a quantitative breakdown of what you did wrong.

Stfu and learn from your spotlighted mistakes.
JeeVeS

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 15 times
FAF User Name: IridiumBLOWS

Postby rootbeer23 » 23 Mar 2013, 08:53

same shit happened to me.
you can easily spam a soulripper without upgrading any mex if you have 90% mapcontrol on open palms.
what you want is not trying to win the game. increase your economy to a point where you can launch an attack without
giving up your general advantage (i.e. with additional units besides the ones you have to control the map).
rootbeer23
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 31 times
FAF User Name: root2342

Postby Golol » 23 Mar 2013, 10:48

@jeves
dude thanks for the help but why the hate
i ma de this post excactly so you show me my mistakes. i never wanted to seem like i think i am good.
and i always tried to rebuild by mexes but i made that huge intel fault ><. so i did not take care of his raiding troopa enough.
i think the biggest mistakes were not building enough land factories (too muvh blaze and no spam to cover the middle), hopelessly running into his pd (when i failed that the first time the effect showed that i had no experience. i sat infront of the pc wondering what to attack or to do. i didnt know about the base in the bottom left because of intel for a time), and yeah not building t2 intel in a frontposition.
if id stopped the raiding i think i would have been controlling on the mexes.
and why i didnt build the mexes on my com: i thought i might lose that position and i dont know when a mex is rentable.
why i didnt built the powerplants: i had much enough energy and not enough engis out there.
again. thanks for the help but dont hate on me
Golol
Contributor

Return to Help