what does alt + move do?

Need help? This is the right place!
Note, reporting bugs and issues should be in the Tech Support forum!

Moderator: PhilipJFry

what does alt + move do?

Postby Golol » 15 Mar 2013, 18:22

I feel a bit nooby because i dont know what using alt and the move order actually does.
i know its some kind of attack movement :/?
so what does it do and when should i use it :D?
Golol
Contributor

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 21 times
FAF User Name: Golol

Re: what does alt + move do?

Postby ColonelSheppard » 15 Mar 2013, 18:25

Atackmove it's more or less a one-time-patrol order, you can use it for automatic reclaim
ColonelSheppard
Contributor

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 165 times
FAF User Name: Sheppy

Postby Golol » 15 Mar 2013, 18:32

and what does it do on fighting units?
on a tank, a one time patrol would just be a usal move after my knowledge...
Golol
Contributor

Postby ColonelSheppard » 15 Mar 2013, 18:34

nope, it will stop and atack everything in it's way, while normal move would not cause the tank to stop and fully destroy a target (for example extractor)
ColonelSheppard
Contributor

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 165 times
FAF User Name: Sheppy

Postby Golol » 15 Mar 2013, 18:41

oh ok thats pretty cool.
i think im gonna use that for flanky attacks becuase they dont do anything if they just deal a bit of damage to everything but actually destroy targets
Golol
Contributor

Postby Rediska » 15 Mar 2013, 20:56

And one more moment.
If you set up collect point from factory with alt+move you'll get interesting and usefull thing like:

1. Tanks will roll out and attack with pre-stopping instead go for a miles away and fire only 2-3 times in a moving while they can see target.
2. Very special and usefull reclaiming for engies. They will roll out in collect point and do what they do while patrol assist repair OR RECLAIM. And in that case they will reclaim everything in MUCH MORE radius and WITHOUT movements (while you have needs in reclaim)

Very fast reclaim and eco income because they dont waste time for move to next tree or wreckage.
Use it wisely. ;)
I adore FA.
But I have all the right to hate it because I cant really play any other RTS anymore because of it. They looks like small boring sandboxes without sense. Thank you genious Chris Taylor!
Rediska
Crusader

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: RedIS_ska

Postby Eukanuba » 16 Mar 2013, 17:02

Golol wrote:oh ok thats pretty cool.
i think im gonna use that for flanky attacks becuase they dont do anything if they just deal a bit of damage to everything but actually destroy targets

Flank attacks are probably not the best use for it as you will likely be being chased by a defence force, and you want to keep them out of shooting range as long as possible. If your flankers are definitely about to get caught and killed, best to manually focus fire them on the highest value target that you are likely to be able to destroy in time.

Attack move is good if you are approaching a formation of tanks from their narrow end (“crossing the T”), as this wi make your units fan out in a semicircle and get the optimum damage for minimum losses.

It's also useful if you're using Aeon Auroras: they have more range than other T1 tanks, so using attack-move will help them to stay out of range of the enemy.
Eukanuba
Priest

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Eukanuba

Return to Help