Best Position for Noob in Seton's

Need help? This is the right place!
Note, reporting bugs and issues should be in the Tech Support forum!

Moderator: PhilipJFry

Best Position for Noob in Seton's

Postby Hoboforce » 05 Mar 2013, 17:34

Hey y'all well after watching countless replays from TA4life, Napalm, and Swokol on youtube, I have finally gotten up enough courage to start playing some games myself. I really like Seton's and am trying to choose a position to learn very well. I have mostly been playing beach because I feel like I need to learn more about navy and it seems like the spot with the least amount of responsibility. Is this a valid assessment or do you guys have any other suggestions? Thanks for your help you all are awesome!
Hoboforce

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Hoboforce

Re: Best Position for Noob in Seton's

Postby ColonelSheppard » 05 Mar 2013, 17:45

only air is really important
ColonelSheppard
Contributor

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 165 times
FAF User Name: Sheppy

Postby Hoboforce » 05 Mar 2013, 17:57

Good to know, thanks. Do you have any favorite Seton's navy players? Most of the replays I watch of pro players don't use the build order I have been using. I have been starting by going 2nd navy and getting subs out as fast as possible. I send one air scout to fly over the rock player's beach and starting location and then camp his ocean with subs and try to completely keep him out of the water the entire game. It has worked surprisingly well so far, but I have also been playing against relatively inexperienced players.
Hoboforce

Postby Aulex » 06 Mar 2013, 04:46

Beach build order

"Let's start beating ass and die" - drunk TA4Life

"Just because you have a d*** doesn't mean you need to be one...pussy" -Blackdeath

SCOUTING SAVES LIVES
http://imgur.com/YGk0W0o

How to play Sup Com by Ubilaz
http://goo.gl/je83z
Aulex
Contributor

Has liked: 299 times
Been liked: 225 times
FAF User Name: VoR_Aulex

Postby Hoboforce » 06 Mar 2013, 15:55

Well it seems like it should be, but in most of the replays I see of pro players they tend to go second air and spend more time on land before starting naval. So far going straight for the water has allowed me to completely keep my opponent completely out of the ocean the entire game.
Hoboforce

Postby ColonelSheppard » 06 Mar 2013, 15:57

yeah but t2 air can take care of t1 ships very easily, thats the problem
ColonelSheppard
Contributor

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 165 times
FAF User Name: Sheppy

Postby Batmansrueckkehr » 06 Mar 2013, 16:28

there are many setons players and each plays it a bit differently. some do 2nd air to start a fight for the island. furthermore, most players tech up most of their mexes before going into water with many engis to build up navy. so could be quite late so about min 6-8.
ships are quite expensive - t1 subs cost about 360 mass. even a t2 torp bomber is cheaper (240) and can kill that sub in one pass.

what is most important is to know what the opponent does. if he goes frigate rush, t2 rush or drops you should be prepared for it. especially sera opponents like drops with their hover arties. you should also act right when you see he is going for teching - so his goal is to get a huge eco and build power to outspam you with t2/t3 navy in long term. so the first 10 min his going just do defend. what i want to tell you, whatever your opponent does, you need to know about it and react accordingly. to do that you need air. and as sooner you scout - the better.

when you do early navy, what is your goal with it?
UET_bat
Batmansrueckkehr

FAF User Name: batmansrueckkehr

Postby dotswarlock » 06 Mar 2013, 17:39

A quick question concerning Seton. I have noticed through replays and games that the front line position player often asks for his teammates to gift him power generators by the 3 minute mark. I know it has something to do with overload, but I'd be curious as to the exact logic behind it (and the timing).
dotswarlock
Crusader

FAF User Name: dotswarlock

Postby rootbeer23 » 06 Mar 2013, 18:20

its simply a transfer of strength to the front position at a moment when it is most needed, when mass is abundant but power is not. or in other words a compensation given for the fact that the front player sacrificed his own economy to reclaim mass in the middle. for example: the acu isnt used for construction while walking.
rootbeer23
Supreme Commander

Been liked: 31 times
FAF User Name: root2342

Postby Hoboforce » 06 Mar 2013, 23:18

Aulex wrote:Beach build order

Hey thanks for the video, that's perfect. I don't know why but my computer at work didn't load it the first time so I thought your entire response to my post was "Beach build order". Thought you were saying that what I am currently doing is the standard beach build order.. Anyways, thanks!

ColonelSheppard wrote:yeah but t2 air can take care of t1 ships very easily, thats the problem

I have noticed that T2 gunships and torpedo bombers do take out my early navy pretty easily, but by the time they respond with those I am getting my first cruiser out, so it hasn't worked out for them yet. As I said though, I still play in the noob games, so I'm sure my luck will run dry soon lol.

Batmansrueckkehr wrote:when you do early navy, what is your goal with it?

Well tbh, since I have only played about 15 games, my main goal is to simply keep him out of the water and not completely screw up trying anything too fancy. After I get about 4 cruisers, 2 destroyers, 10-20 T1 and, a battleship or two, and he is completely out of the water, I switch to making experimentals or T3 air.
Hoboforce

Next

Return to Help