Defensive play+Aeon=win

Need help? This is the right place!
Note, reporting bugs and issues should be in the Tech Support forum!

Moderator: PhilipJFry

Re: Defensive play+Aeon=win

Postby Nombringer » 20 May 2013, 11:11

But... How is this a relvalation? I thought it was common knowledge that aeon had to play a lot more defensively for the first part of the T1 stage? (excluding lab play, and ofc you will still raid ect...)
BC_Blackheart: i just copy his shit and do it 5% better leads to easy win usually xD

Need help? Are you a new player? Feel free to message me any time in the lobby :) Lessons may cost a portoin of your soul.... (Noms are included but not guaranteed)
Nombringer
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 210 times
Been liked: 65 times
FAF User Name: Nombringer

Postby Hammie » 21 May 2013, 10:49

because Aeon requires different play styles to the other races, you must use them in more of a hit and run situation, and rely on their superior air power to help you win, you cant just always go in guns blazing like you can with races like seraphim, aeon are the 'turtle or 'hit and run' race, and should be played as such, of course not going too defensive as the race with the best defensive features is UEF for their tankyness, otherwise you will again get no where and eventually beaten down, id say they are to be treated more like a hit and run player, harass flanks constantly, and careful expansion, especially at lower tiers when their MBT is made of tinfoil
Hammie
Contributor

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Hammie

Postby Golol » 27 May 2013, 00:44

whats up with everyone saying they have superior air power?
the t2 fighter maybe gives easy air superiority possibilities but i believe it is outspammed by intis. im not sure about this.
and they have the weakest air to ground in my opinion. the t2 gunships dont have many differences but cybran for example has splash and uef can transport.
aeon doesnt have fighterbombers so they cant snipe early. i dont count mercy because it just doesnt work. 1 t1 aa stops a whole mercy snipe.
and i think a hit and run race is cybran because of stealth and fast units.
hit and run with auroras? you will propably not be able to use range so no.
with t2 slow ass obsidians? i dont think so
okay, the blazes are fast and maybe okay, but any mix of units can counter them.
early harbingers would work out but as soon as other t3 units are on the field you get problems
for me the only aeon tactic is getting gun upgrades and pushing with auroras hardcore to kill the enemy commander quickly.
maybe you can get a t2 factory for some shields but you dont need t2 units mostly.
if theres reclaim going edarly t3 and basically snipe the enemy com with harbingers (he needs to be stupid enough not to have oc) can also work out
Golol
Contributor

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 21 times
FAF User Name: Golol

Previous

Return to Help