Raped

Need help? This is the right place!
Note, reporting bugs and issues should be in the Tech Support forum!

Moderator: PhilipJFry

Re: Raped

Postby Eukanuba » 28 Feb 2013, 22:24

Zock wrote:too much arty, with aeon i'd recommend 1:10 arty:tanks as maximum. You need arty only for t1 pds (or if you want to ambush something with many structures), and then 2-4 are enough. You shouldn't have more.

If you manage not to lose your arty (park them somewhere until you see a PD), you don't need to build more and can put them out of the production completly.

When I play UEF, I usually go 1 x scout, 5 x tank, 1 x arty (and AA if relevant). Is that the best mix?
Eukanuba
Priest

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Eukanuba

Postby Zock » 28 Feb 2013, 22:34

There is nothing like a "best" mix, the mix will be differnet for each playstyle.

i'm no UEF player, but 5:1 sounds good to me.

You will never need arty in the early minutes of the game though. You start without arty. Once first pds come up or armies get a little bigger (10+ units on each side) you mix in a few arty. When armies get really big, like 30+ units on each side, arty will get stronger and you can make more. So the amount of artys in your mix should increase over time.

Thats only theory though, i realize it following way:

first few factories get no arty in the mix
after a few (how many depends on map) facs without arty, all following facs will get arty in the mix, most times just 5:1 because its easy, but that doesn't mean its the best ratio always. You don't often have time to think what ratio will be the best for your current situation though.
When the game progresses, i often put one or more facs (depends on map size again) on arty only. Thats easier then changing the mix of all facs. If you have all facs assisting the first one, you'd change your mix there.
gg no re

ohh! what a pretty shining link! https://www.youtube.com/c/Zockyzock
Zock
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 173 times
Been liked: 397 times
FAF User Name: Zock

Postby Rocksteady » 04 Mar 2013, 23:20

I usually go 3 - 1 as Seraphim is that a bad idea?
Rocksteady

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: Rocksteady

Previous

Return to Help