Where did I go RIGHT, please analyse me

Need help? This is the right place!
Note, reporting bugs and issues should be in the Tech Support forum!

Moderator: PhilipJFry

Where did I go RIGHT, please analyse me

Postby Flynn » 22 Feb 2013, 14:02

Okay, time for something a little different. Yes, the title was correct. I won a game for a change. Well I do win a few but this is the first time I have posted a game where I have won, not for boasting purposes but because I want to get an idea of how I won. First, onto my opponent. I knew he was the real deal, I have observed him in replays several times and he is quite good. However, this was the first time I played him; I was expecting to lose. I just go for it with all out balls out aggression. You will notice I took my com into his base as a result of this highly aggressive strategy. He is forced to counter which means I can expand whilst his troops are defending his base; this later gives me the impetus to overrun him.

I have noticed on Theta's Passage 5 I normally do well if I place a PD forward of my base, so I follow that plan here. This later came in useful when he tried to comrush my base but saw my PD on the radar and didn't even try :lol: I also like to place early walls on at least the bottom choke point between the mountains. I wasn't planning to go air at any point in this game, it is just in my build template for the hydrocarbon. I don't think air gave me the edge here, I think more land spam would have been of greater help, but I took the game none the less. One thing I noticed on the replay was that the UEF tanks seem to stop when they get hit by a bomb, I guess this is a useful little bug to remember :mrgreen: But yeah, feel free to tell me how I could have shut him down any better/faster! Thanks.
Attachments
658156-Flynn.fafreplay
(26.16 KiB) Downloaded 119 times
Flynn
Evaluator

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 8 times
FAF User Name: Flynn

Re: Where did I go RIGHT, please analyse me

Postby Flynn » 22 Feb 2013, 18:32

Okay well since that good game on Theta, here's another game in Theta, except I have to force a draw this time. This guy is lower rated than me so I am confident but somehow I couldn't repeat my earlier success. Please compare it to the above game. I did somethings different like for instance I made Flares at the beginning which I didn't do in the last game. Also I forgot radar. I just felt no where near as sharp in this game :|
Attachments
658619-Flynn.fafreplay
(23.88 KiB) Downloaded 88 times
Flynn
Evaluator

Postby Rocksteady » 23 Feb 2013, 13:30

UEF tanks seem to stop when they get hit by a bomb, I guess this is a useful little bug to remember

The Aeon t1 bomber has EMP that will temporarily disable stuff. Unless things have changed it should work on everything (buildings and units) aside from ACU's , experimental's and shielded units.

I never play Aeon so no idea how much practical use it has or if it's as strong as Cybran EMP, 2-4 bombers might be effective on T2 Pd's in the mid game if you want to push.
Rocksteady

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: Rocksteady

Postby Flynn » 24 Feb 2013, 12:49

Hmm, that's weird, 27 downloads on the first replay and not one comment? :| As you can see from my second post, I failed to repeat the success that I had against someone with a lower rating so I would like some help as to how I can repeat that performance consistantly.
Flynn
Evaluator

Postby ColonelSheppard » 24 Feb 2013, 14:29

I know some people will cry rivers now (not you): rude! rude!. But for some reason they do never answer here, probably because they are too lazy or because crying is more fun than doing something uesfull, now back to topic.

i think your question is unanswerable:
The only thing you did really good is noticing that your opponent is doing crap, he had soooo much landfactories and soooo low mass income, he had no units cause he spent everything on factories, you played like you always play
ColonelSheppard
Contributor

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 165 times
FAF User Name: Sheppy

Postby Flynn » 24 Feb 2013, 16:31

0_o

So that's why I won then :| He was playing crap :| I don't think I will ever get even decent at this game :|
Flynn
Evaluator

Return to Help