Replay Help

Need help? This is the right place!
Note, reporting bugs and issues should be in the Tech Support forum!

Moderator: PhilipJFry

Replay Help

Postby Flynn » 13 Feb 2013, 23:55

I've improved my playing a bit so am expecting to beat people more often and therefore when I lose I like to analyse it more compared to before when I probably lost 50% of games! In this game I notice that I am behind from the very start. I can't contest for map control because I have fewer units than my opponent and I therefore cannot contest for air superiority either because I lack mass to go on a significant Pgen spam and gain air superiority (you'll notice I only had 1 engineer working on power). I think at the start I should have taken my comm to the expansion where the two Mantis and scout were instead of just harressing his expansion with my comm. I am unlucky with my early raiders. Furthermore, I leave my first factory on engineer spam when it would have been better off making combat units. But all of these are little things not fundamental errors in strategy. Please watch and give constructive advice :)

Edit: Forgot to mention, yeah, I know I'm punching above my weight against this guy (1500+ rating) 8-) But I feel I could have taken him if I had played slightly better ;)
Attachments
633905-Flynn.fafreplay
(56.05 KiB) Downloaded 92 times
Flynn
Evaluator

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 8 times
FAF User Name: Flynn

Re: Replay Help

Postby ZaphodX » 14 Feb 2013, 04:34

You used your comm to build factories instead of capture the 2nd mass point. Your comm should be kicking ass not building, especially on 5km maps.
ZaphodX
Contributor

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: TAG_ZaphodX

Postby Flynn » 14 Feb 2013, 14:58

And this one:
Attachments
635631-Flynn.fafreplay
(19.11 KiB) Downloaded 86 times
Flynn
Evaluator

Postby Flynn » 14 Feb 2013, 16:24

And this one. I used to be able to take this guy easily yesterday but today I can't seem to:
Attachments
635753-Flynn.fafreplay
(14.76 KiB) Downloaded 82 times
Flynn
Evaluator

Postby Arkansas » 14 Feb 2013, 18:37

You cannot expand, have two factories running and build a hydro with one pgen and the acu. Build the hydro then your second fac.

You stall because of this, his acu reaches the middle first and grabs the reclaim (the wrong reclaim as the rocks are worth more but the point stands). You don't reclaim the rocks near you, you have 2 less facs than him. You don't build t1 turrets to stop his acu.
Last edited by Arkansas on 14 Feb 2013, 19:26, edited 1 time in total.
Arkansas

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: Arkansas

Postby ColonelSheppard » 14 Feb 2013, 19:09

Arkansas wrote:You cannot expand, have two factories running and build a hydro with one pgen and the acu. Build the hydro then your second fac.

You stall because of this, his acu reaches the middle first and grabs the reclaim (the wrong reclaim as the rocks are worth more but the point. You don't reclaim the rocks near you, you have 2 less facs than him. You don't build t1 turrets to stop his acu.

nothing to add :/
ColonelSheppard
Contributor

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 165 times
FAF User Name: Sheppy

Return to Help