Personal trainer Avatar

Need help? This is the right place!
Note, reporting bugs and issues should be in the Tech Support forum!

Moderator: PhilipJFry

Personal trainer Avatar

Postby laPPen » 11 Dec 2012, 11:08

Hey Fellow trainers how is it for u. Are u requested mutch for training
games when u are in Aeolus?
For my part i can say there is hardly anybody asking for help. A reason might be
that most noobs dont know about the forum and the personal trainer team.
An Avatar might help them to identify us.
Do you guys think that could help?
Is it technically dificult to make that( i dont think so, but no idea)?
laPPen

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 3 times
FAF User Name: laPPen

Re: Personal trainer Avatar

Postby ColonelSheppard » 11 Dec 2012, 15:05

it is not i guess, you would have to make the splash art and i think it could be easily implemented
however most people will/do ask voodoo ask the GREAT NUMBER 1 i guess, but i picked up many new payers i the chat ofc this might be more difficult for teamgames
ColonelSheppard
Contributor

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 165 times
FAF User Name: Sheppy

Postby Hilary_Banks » 11 Dec 2012, 19:22

laPPen i'd like a bit of setons training/ tips sometime if you're still offering?!
Hilary_Banks

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: EcoWhore

Postby laPPen » 11 Dec 2012, 19:56

yeah sure i am online atm
just pm mr when u see me in Aeolus.
Is your faf name the same?
laPPen

Postby Hilary_Banks » 11 Dec 2012, 23:56

few replays, it seems are basically down to inability to counter drops effectively, and late game lack of a plan!

All other replays i've either won comfortably or the other players on my team have died stupidly and it's 50/50 whether i can rescue the game from there...

Thanks laPPen! :D
Attachments
Setons Crazed drop.fafreplay
for your viewing pleasure at a noob getting acu dropped :P
(166.52 KiB) Downloaded 150 times
win vs kill (but wasting resources).fafreplay
(365.76 KiB) Downloaded 152 times
vs Little Inferno drop.fafreplay
(204.43 KiB) Downloaded 135 times
Hilary_Banks

Postby laPPen » 12 Dec 2012, 00:15

thx for uploading i gonna watch and comment tomorrow.
laPPen

Postby laPPen » 13 Dec 2012, 01:55

ok I am watching the first game "Crazed-drops"

posting comments "life while watching"

The first 5 mins look fine u get up a decent eco and have enough buildpower planned.

u only have 3 landfacs in all so far. In general it is a good choice to go for airfactories for enge-spamm as aeon.
U get those enges faster than u would get them from landfacs and an airfac is cheaper then a landfac-
but the trade off is u can respond mutch slower to landthreads such as drops. So maybe keep that in mind
if u have someone like crazed in enemy team. Consider building another landfac where u reclaim the rock (close
to front base).

min 6 early powerstorage -> good choice as u go for very little number of pgens and your energy income
relies mainly on reclaim.

many top airplayers have a t1airfac going untill t3 is up - get some scouts and t1 fighters provide intel and support
in early airfights for your side. your build is a nice performed tech build but since u will be a little late w t3 air
u should really consider to get some t1 / t2 fighters.

10 min crazed drop marches on towards your base - >your reaction is a bit late but performed pretty good when u finally go for it.

11 min reclaiming t1 power while first ras -> good

13 min "in-your-face-drop" from crazed some t2 air could have saved your ass. 13 min ras is pretty slow if u go for thiss u have to secure it somehow

14 min u go for aeon range upgrade when t3 comdropped??? misclick? t2 com with all those engeneers could have had a chance in a pd standoff.

14 min 30 secs going suicide.

FAZIT: If u decide to go for a heavy tech build make sure u keep your enemys scouted. Intel is the key . The main issue for "eco-whores" is correct timing when u have to start invest into troops.
laPPen

Postby Hilary_Banks » 13 Dec 2012, 02:54

Thanks laPPen,

All will be taken on board and I'd already started to make a few extra factories out and about for increased build power and reaction time to drops (didn't used to make the land fac up by the rock spot) so will go for the extra one at the front depending on my opponent!

[[quote="laPPen"] 13 min ras is pretty slow if u go for this u have to secure it somehow ]

In my slight noobish defence, I normally have second ras done BY min 13 but any drops always distracts me more than they should as I have no practiced counter. And what do you mean by secure the upgrade? Just rush it quicker and accept the momentary power stall?

And yeh min 14 with the crazed drop was a bit of a panic situation. Could have easily retreated and taken him out a bit later but was a noob and went crazy lol. Never again!
Hilary_Banks

Postby laPPen » 13 Dec 2012, 03:05

watching 2nd game "vs_kill"

2 mins 30 u stall mass for 3-4 secs no biggie but avoidable -> reclaim manually with first engies on the way to planned projects

5 mins u have a nice amount of buildpower on the field reclaiming all those trees -> nice

7:30 airfac in t2 -> ok but again no t1 air

8:20 u start your first t2 power ->too late considering u have only 6 t1 pgen + hydro and most of the reclaim is already gone

heavy power stall!!!

9:10 t2 power up ->late

9:30 2nd t2 power nearly up and 4 k(!) mass in storage u could go for a t3 mex

10:30 going ras

12:20 both ras up->mutch better time than last game + u still have about 4k mass stored+ good buildpower->
comfortable situation looks good so far. but again epic lack of t1/t2 airfighters and scouting.

13 min t3 air up

14 min 56k points for u while your oponent only has 36k -> nice

15 min scoutrun -> u see u are ahead in air and instantly camp his base-> good use of situation

15:30 total airdomination from u -> why dont send some strats (u could afford them) -> GG

17:00 U get forced away from killing's sams-> still no strats to harrass outer mexes or snipe a com

20:00 U killed all his asf. total airdomination -> use it
--> saving your front guys ass ->good job

21:20 first strat out from u finally

24:00 Holding the air vs 2 now and a bit(could be more) of strats harrassing(improve strat micro)-> strong performance from u. god job so far

25 min game desyncs

FAZIT: u have a nice build and some good reactions. It was a good game from u.
My general advice from that game for u is: If u dominate air so strong like u did here make sure to profit from that.
U will hardly kill a commander with asf. In such situations try to play more acting and less reacting.
laPPen

Postby laPPen » 13 Dec 2012, 03:13

By "secure it" i mean u need to be prepared for things like drops or t2 bomber rushes if u go for late t3 air.
u can secure it by having some t1/t2 air your self to stop those or by perfect scouting and knowing that nothing will come
to you (very hard to do - draws lots of attention) or a mix of both.

I hope i could help a little.

I will do the last game tomorrow. If u find some other games feel free to upload them.
laPPen

Next

Return to Help