Need Help, I made a Faux Pas with my Account.

Need help? This is the right place!
Note, reporting bugs and issues should be in the Tech Support forum!

Moderator: PhilipJFry

Need Help, I made a Faux Pas with my Account.

Postby Sigma-27 » 12 Mar 2020, 13:58

Scenario: I made an account years ago using a very old email address that I no longer use because... well it's so old and becoming useless with nearly everything. But for whatever reason I couldn't login, so I decided to make a new account seeing as I couldn't access the old one (the email address is eventually being discontinued whether I like it or not so I assumed that was the issue). Longer story short, I forgot about the steam account linking which made the new account pointless, so I tried to go back to login to the old account and managed it.... then wanted to change the email address to what I use now and can't... due to...

Error! could not execute statement; SQL [n/a]; constraint [unique_email]; nested exception is org.hibernate.exception.ConstraintViolationException: could not execute statement

At a guess (I'm not knowledgeable on this sort of this) I'm thinking it can't change the email to the one I want because it is being used by the new pointless account I made.

What I need help with: Would it be possible to have this new pointless account deleted, as I have no use for it now I regained access to the old account? Because once that's deleted my newer email address is freed up and I can tie it to my old original account.

I apologise for making this a bigger issue than needed and for making a second account but that was only done because A: I forgot about the steam account linking and B: I couldn't access the old one (mostly due to another Faux Pas).

I haven't put details of the accounts here but I'll pass on the information when it's needed, not out in the open!

Thanks in advance and sorry for the mess I created!

Sigma 27
Sigma-27

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: Sigma-27

Re: Need Help, I made a Faux Pas with my Account.

Postby Geosearchef » 13 Mar 2020, 22:28

If you pm me the email address of your new account, I can send you a message there. Once you've confirmed receival of that mail/ownership of that account via a pm, I can delete your account.
Developer, Server Admin, ICE, currently working on Team Matchmaking, FAF Client
Geosearchef
Contributor

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 127 times
FAF User Name: Geosearchef

Return to Help