Ubisoft's stupid move with some games

Talk about anything not related to FA or FAF here !

Ubisoft's stupid move with some games

Postby belatedcube » 25 Nov 2014, 06:23

Ubisoft made a stupid move with some of their new games that I want to warn everyone about. Ubisoft has put in in-game microtransactions (like those in many free tablet/phone games) into AC Unity, The Crew, and The Division. I highly suggest not buying new copies of these games so that Ubisoft will not receive proftis from them and remove the microtransactions. Something like this is cruel to the gamers (especially when there are players that will pay that money and make the multiplayer imba.
[BC]Totaltuna: always look before you tab
belatedcube

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 14 times
FAF User Name: belatedcube1021

Re: Ubisoft's stupid move with some games

Postby uberge3k » 25 Nov 2014, 19:53

Unfortunately, if you're posting about it here, you are not Ubisoft's target audience and the handful of people boycotting it won't make any difference. Remember all the attempts to boycott COD? It doesn't seem to be changing Activision decisions.
Ze_PilOt wrote:If you want something to happen, do it yourself.
uberge3k
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 48 times
FAF User Name: TAG_UBER

Postby ColonelSheppard » 25 Nov 2014, 23:52

well you dont have to buy it... and for me "UPlay" tag on steam is an instant red flag
but everybody else has to decide for himself
ColonelSheppard
Contributor

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 165 times
FAF User Name: Sheppy

Postby md1892 » 26 Nov 2014, 00:00

What happened to just buying the game and that was that ?
md1892
Crusader

Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: md1892

Postby lextoc » 26 Nov 2014, 00:26

md1892 wrote:What happened to just buying the game and that was that ?

Money is money. Also, back in the days you couldn't pirate every single game, that might have an impact.
I'm watching you!
lextoc
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 287 times
Been liked: 227 times
FAF User Name: lextoc

Postby uberge3k » 26 Nov 2014, 01:39

It's quite simple: it was killed off by self-entitled brats who thought that they deserved to have everything for free.

Piracy killed AAA PC development. Every major studio shifted their focus to console games, as it takes a bit more effort to pirate on consoles and the self-entitled brats are generally lazy.

But, as it's become easier and more prevalent, even that was short lived. Now we have harsher DRM, content requiring an internet connection and a code that comes in the box to unlock it, microtransactions, and whatever else will come next in the eternal struggle of the developers attempting to be reimbursed for their work and kids who think they have the right to steal.
Ze_PilOt wrote:If you want something to happen, do it yourself.
uberge3k
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 48 times
FAF User Name: TAG_UBER

Postby ColonelSheppard » 26 Nov 2014, 09:58

I bought anno 1404 and it took me almost 2h until it was running because of this massively retarded DRM of Ubisoft, thats anoying as hell and thats why i dont buy UPlay titles. Of course pirating is a big problem, thats why there's steam, and i have no problem with DRMs in general, just with extremely buggy ones like the one from Ubisoft. Ubisoft recently is doing crap, but thats their problem and not the players' . "Not Buying certain games" protests are probably the most stupid thing in history of the social jusitice warriors.
ColonelSheppard
Contributor

Been liked: 165 times
FAF User Name: Sheppy

Postby belatedcube » 27 Nov 2014, 05:58

uberge3k wrote:Unfortunately, if you're posting about it here, you are not Ubisoft's target audience and the handful of people boycotting it won't make any difference.

in my defense I think we need all the players we can get.

md1892 wrote:What happened to just buying the game and that was that ?

I know right?

ColonelSheppard wrote:I bought anno 1404 and it took me almost 2h until it was running because of this massively retarded DRM of Ubisoft, thats anoying as hell and thats why i dont buy UPlay titles. Of course pirating is a big problem, thats why there's steam, and i have no problem with DRMs in general,

same here but I have played splinter cell blacklist on xbox 360 and uplay barely bothered me (only how broken the spies vs mercs was) so....
[BC]Totaltuna: always look before you tab
belatedcube

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 14 times
FAF User Name: belatedcube1021

Postby ZeRen » 27 Nov 2014, 17:22

Ubisoft go only for money, you can see how they behave, so I would never buy anything from them

piracy:
well it is all so faul of devs, no demo? no free open betas? no buying bunnies in bag! you know what happen now :D
too much shit games nowdays :cry: (AC:Unity nice example)
ZeRen
Evaluator

Been liked: 49 times
FAF User Name: ZeRen

Return to Off-Topic