Dawn of War: Soulstorm + Ultimate Apocalypse

Talk about anything not related to FA or FAF here !

Dawn of War: Soulstorm + Ultimate Apocalypse

Postby necxelos » 24 Feb 2014, 21:55

So I was wandering around the web at work and found out that mod that was a little buggy thing when I was playing my beloves Dawn of War last time looks AWESOME now.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2NWX1V6mQI
Brings back memories. Also shows what the definition of "game mod" is unlike the little scattered mod-like things we have in SupCom (3 new races, hundreds of new units, tripled the scale to fit the titans-level gameplay, dozens of new game modes, etc. and done in 4 years - 2 if you count time from official announcement which is not true cause work on it started way earlier and was a combined-effort of many smaller mods at start).

P.S. Tyranids part was even mentioned in top-gaming magazines around the globe with interviews and all that stuff. THAT'S how You mod a game bitches :mrgreen:

Did anyone try it?
And most importantly: do someone here play/was playing Dawn of War series?
I must say that W40k is one of the best and most-detailed sci-fi universes I ever encountered (sharing glory with Star Wars, Stargate, Mass Effect and Star Trek).

Feel free to comment and/or deviate a little from the subject itself :-)

[EDIT] I really hope there were W40k EPIC total overhaul mod for Supreme Commander!
Supreme Commander FAF, Supreme Commander 2 RVE, Planetary Annihilation: Titans - those are only good RTS games left!
necxelos

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: necxelos

Re: Dawn of War: Soulstorm + Ultimate Apocalypse

Postby D4E_Omit » 24 Feb 2014, 22:57

necxelos wrote:So I was wandering around the web at work and found out that mod that was a little buggy thing when I was playing my beloves Dawn of War last time looks AWESOME now.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2NWX1V6mQI
Brings back memories. Also shows what the definition of "game mod" is unlike the little scattered mod-like things we have in SupCom (3 new races, hundreds of new units, tripled the scale to fit the titans-level gameplay, dozens of new game modes, etc. and done in 4 years - 2 if you count time from official announcement which is not true cause work on it started way earlier and was a combined-effort of many smaller mods at start).

P.S. Tyranids part was even mentioned in top-gaming magazines around the globe with interviews and all that stuff. THAT'S how You mod a game bitches :mrgreen:

Did anyone try it?
And most importantly: do someone here play/was playing Dawn of War series?
I must say that W40k is one of the best and most-detailed sci-fi universes I ever encountered (sharing glory with Star Wars, Stargate, Mass Effect and Star Trek).

Feel free to comment and/or deviate a little from the subject itself :-)

[EDIT] I really hope there were W40k EPIC total overhaul mod for Supreme Commander!

Plz make your epic mod before insulting others :)
Sometimes, I just feel like I want to eat pancakes.
D4E_Omit

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 21 times
FAF User Name: D4E_Omit

Postby Ze_PilOt » 24 Feb 2014, 23:10

Can you be even more insulting towards the entire community of the FA modders?
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Postby Ze_PilOt » 24 Feb 2014, 23:57

Nomads just by itself has over 100 new units and one new faction. And more importantly : Balanced.

And you can add BO and total mayhem over it, putting to shame a lot of official extensions.

Calling the modder work "scattered little mods" is very insulting for them.

I really suggest you change your attitude or it will not only be post deletion..
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Postby Dragonfire » 25 Feb 2014, 00:29

I loves Dawn of War ...
Most of the units in the video were new for me oO
But I have my discs not here :(

... and SupCom has the better gameplay :D
... and I hate the lategame of DoW
... and the unit limit

btw.
What is your mod progress?
If you spent all the effort to convince us of your idea,
you are soon finish xD?
My native language is not english, please correct me, because I want to improve my skills # Resource Overview
Dragonfire
Evaluator

Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 61 times
FAF User Name: Dragonfire

Postby necxelos » 25 Feb 2014, 00:39

Dragonfire wrote:I loves Dawn of War ...
Most of the units in the video were new for me oO
But I have my discs not here :(

... and SupCom has the better gameplay :D
... and I hate the lategame of DoW
... and the unit limit

btw.
What is your mod progress?
If you spent all the effort to convince us of your idea,
you are soon finish xD?

Finishing to write my file extractor (selects all the files needed to run certain unit and transfers them to new folder structure while rewriting file pathing inside files as well). Doing extraction manually takes ages. I will post it as open source when I'm sure it works without going BOOM second after launching it.

As for DoW - I think I give it another shot. With the mod I presented (and it's only alternative - Titanium Wars - done by one person and not much worse then Ultimate Apocalypse) unit limits are quite different, not to mention whole lategame and scaling is different (in original game Titan wouldn't even fit in the screen). So if You want to try it I'll be happy to play. Deamons <demonic laugh> at last...
Supreme Commander FAF, Supreme Commander 2 RVE, Planetary Annihilation: Titans - those are only good RTS games left!
necxelos

Postby Cuddles » 25 Feb 2014, 08:59

What a surprise, another attempt from the OP to bait ZEP :roll:

He clearly has an agenda, just ban him already.
Turinturambar defended very valiantly
Cuddles
Contributor

Has liked: 132 times
Been liked: 118 times
FAF User Name: Scoot

Postby necxelos » 25 Feb 2014, 10:11

You realize this is topic about Dawn of War: Soulstorm and two mods to this game: Ultimate Apocalypse and Titanium Wars? So if You have nothing to say on topic (not even a damn sentence to cover Your obvious trolling) I suggest leaving.
necxelos

Postby Ze_PilOt » 25 Feb 2014, 10:26

Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Postby Cuddles » 25 Feb 2014, 11:49

necxelos wrote:You realize this is topic about Dawn of War: Soulstorm and two mods to this game: Ultimate Apocalypse and Titanium Wars? So if You have nothing to say on topic (not even a damn sentence to cover Your obvious trolling) I suggest leaving.

Really?

necxelos wrote:Also shows what the definition of "game mod" is unlike the little scattered mod-like things we have in SupCom (

Come now, be honest. What is your agenda?
Turinturambar defended very valiantly
Cuddles
Contributor

Has liked: 132 times
Been liked: 118 times
FAF User Name: Scoot

Next

Return to Off-Topic