Another Interesting Online Game

Talk about anything not related to FA or FAF here !

Another Interesting Online Game

Postby Radix4257 » 10 Sep 2013, 19:35

Ok, I am not advocating leaving FAF for another game, I'm just putting it out here incase someone else wants to check it out.

The game is World of Tanks and it is a MMO based loosely on WWII tanks, TD's and SPG's. Battles are 15 v 15 and are constantly forming. You start in a Tier 1 tank and progress by accumulating experience, which is used to research new tanks, and credits which are used to purchase new tanks. Eventually you reach Tier 10 which are the true heavyweights and do massive damage.

Everything is server side based so there are no hacks, basically a level playing field.

I have been playing it for almost 3 years, since Closed Beta, and really enjoy it, but also looking forward to returning to FA.
Radix4257

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Radix4257

Re: Another Interesting Online Game

Postby Nombringer » 11 Sep 2013, 10:58

Radix4257 wrote:Ok, I am not advocating leaving FAF for another game, I'm just putting it out here incase someone else wants to check it out.

The game is World of Tanks and it is a MMO based loosely on WWII tanks, TD's and SPG's. Battles are 15 v 15 and are constantly forming. You start in a Tier 1 tank and progress by accumulating experience, which is used to research new tanks, and credits which are used to purchase new tanks. Eventually you reach Tier 10 which are the true heavyweights and do massive damage.

Everything is server side based so there are no hacks, basically a level playing field.

I have been playing it for almost 3 years, since Closed Beta, and really enjoy it, but also looking forward to returning to FA.

Is it really an even playing field though? Can a tier 1 compete with a tier 10 at all?

I'm generally put off MMO's as I prefer the games longevity to be in the skill ceiling as opposed to arbitrary numbers.

That being said, sounds like an interesting concept and I remember hearing about it in a positive light.
BC_Blackheart: i just copy his shit and do it 5% better leads to easy win usually xD

Need help? Are you a new player? Feel free to message me any time in the lobby :) Lessons may cost a portoin of your soul.... (Noms are included but not guaranteed)
Nombringer
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 210 times
Been liked: 65 times
FAF User Name: Nombringer

Return to Off-Topic