PA alpha already looks awsome...

Talk about anything not related to FA or FAF here !

PA alpha already looks awsome...

Postby LittleInferno » 18 Jul 2013, 00:18

Its still on alpha many changes and new things are coming,and the game look bether every day ,and the best its fun play on alpha....
Attachments
Capturar.PNG
Capturar.PNG (1.89 MiB) Viewed 4267 times
LittleInferno
Banned

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 5 times
FAF User Name: Katherine

Re: PA alpha already looks awsome...

Postby Swkoll » 18 Jul 2013, 03:10

New theory: LI is actually pilot trolling us all.
"Only the fear of the hypnotoad is preventing me from raging right now." - ColonelSheppard
"Swkoll is a genius, let's accept this and move on" - VoR_Gorton
Swkoll
Contributor

Has liked: 114 times
Been liked: 41 times
FAF User Name: Swkoll

Postby LittleInferno » 18 Jul 2013, 18:47

Well i really must thx to him...
Was because him i long time have to find other game and i find= (Planetary Annihilation brings Real-Time Strategy to a new generation of gamers)
Ty ZePilot indeed.
The worst was i have to pay 90euros but its fun the game ,so np...

scroll down the page
http://forums.uberent.com/forums/viewto ... 5&start=50

http://forums.uberent.com/forums/viewto ... 53#p763053

And hope ppl understand what zep tell on uber Foruns,because his view its right.
Its what Me, CocaColin, ZaphodX (http://www.youtube.com/user/ZaphodX1) MushrooMars agreed and others don´t get ,but they will, Seems most times, we the only Understood his view.
LittleInferno
Banned

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 5 times
FAF User Name: Katherine

Postby Mycen » 18 Jul 2013, 19:16

90euros? Why is is so expensive? Granted FA was the most recent game I've purchase, but do all games cost that much now? It seems... excessive.
Mycen
Evaluator

Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 40 times
FAF User Name: Mycen

Postby eXcalibur » 18 Jul 2013, 20:45

i do not like the look of PA. the textures are nicer and more high-res than in supcom, but that is all. the details of the world are not enough (the cracks are not nice - too many straight lines and non-rounded edges/corners. the trees have too many edges and corners as well. the death-valley-like desert mountains have too many sharp edges as well).
mavor said that the graphics are almost finished at this point of time (except some improvements in lighting effects), so this graphics are here to stay!

the details of the units are fine, but the cartoonish graphics style look silly. the units look like toys and i feel discouraged from playing a serious game. you might think differently about this, but keep in mind that the units do not have a lot of polygons and that mods might be limited to the current number of polygons (this is pure speculation - i do not know anything about this). this would mean that supcom units are not possible in PA, because they have to many polygons.

you said the gameplay is fun. i will not play this game until it is released and i buy a new pc, but right now i do not see the game to be able to give me prolonged fun in playing it. it is way simpler than supcom2 at this point of time.
eXcalibur
Priest

Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 3 times
FAF User Name: eXcalibur

Postby ZaphodX » 30 Jul 2013, 10:50

eXcalibur wrote:mavor said that the graphics are almost finished at this point of time (except some improvements in lighting effects), so this graphics are here to stay!

Do you have a source for that because I'm pretty certain nothing in the game is close to a final pass yet.
ZaphodX
Contributor

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: TAG_ZaphodX

Postby Nombringer » 30 Jul 2013, 11:24

ZaphodX wrote:
eXcalibur wrote:mavor said that the graphics are almost finished at this point of time (except some improvements in lighting effects), so this graphics are here to stay!

Do you have a source for that because I'm pretty certain nothing in the game is close to a final pass yet.

My complaint about the graphics is the artistic style. Which I hate. Which is staying for sure. I'm waiting for beta to actually judge the gameplay, because although it looks poor right now, that's something that is not worked on in alpha.

The alpha has not really shown me anything FAF does not already do, unless you count the promise of the chron-cam and the large replay files, which to paraphrase a quote of mavor's "Who cares about people in countries with bandwidth limits or slow Internet". Contradicting their design choices of making the game more accessible. I'd rather cater to people by intelligence than location.

So far I'm not impressed at all, that could and might change during the beta though, I'm trying to keep an open mind but I am getting more and more disappointed.
BC_Blackheart: i just copy his shit and do it 5% better leads to easy win usually xD

Need help? Are you a new player? Feel free to message me any time in the lobby :) Lessons may cost a portoin of your soul.... (Noms are included but not guaranteed)
Nombringer
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 210 times
Been liked: 65 times
FAF User Name: Nombringer

Postby ZaphodX » 30 Jul 2013, 12:00

Nombringer wrote:
ZaphodX wrote:

My complaint about the graphics is the artistic style. Which I hate. Which is staying for sure. I'm waiting for beta to actually judge the gameplay, because although it looks poor right now, that's something that is not worked on in alpha.

I know the feel bro. There will no doubt be retextured graphic mods you can use. Also the gameplay is going to change quite significantly towards the end of alpha.
ZaphodX
Contributor

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: TAG_ZaphodX

Postby Nombringer » 30 Jul 2013, 13:00

Both very good things to hear! :)
BC_Blackheart: i just copy his shit and do it 5% better leads to easy win usually xD

Need help? Are you a new player? Feel free to message me any time in the lobby :) Lessons may cost a portoin of your soul.... (Noms are included but not guaranteed)
Nombringer
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 210 times
Been liked: 65 times
FAF User Name: Nombringer

Postby eXcalibur » 30 Jul 2013, 14:52

ZaphodX wrote:

i do not remember in which live stream mavor said this, but there are not so many life streams with gameplay shown in them. i remember that he said this in alive stream, in which they presented the graphics of the game the first/second/third time. by this i mean actual gameplay and NOT cartoons (the trailer) or pictures, or the alpha commander.
just rewatch those live streams. it is interesting to see the improvements since then.
eXcalibur
Priest

Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 3 times
FAF User Name: eXcalibur

Next

Return to Off-Topic