PA alpha already looks awsome...

Talk about anything not related to FA or FAF here !

Re: PA alpha already looks awsome...

Postby STAR-BREAK » 30 Jul 2013, 22:33

Mycen wrote:90euros? Why is is so expensive? Granted FA was the most recent game I've purchase, but do all games cost that much now? It seems... excessive.

I doubt you're looking in this thread anymore due to the age of your post but I'll say this to clear it up for anyone else who posts here.

In the kickstarter for Planetary Annihilation (HERE) you will find this blurb;
Pledge $90 or more

1543 backers

Boosting mass is expensive! Join the battle as an alpha commander without the hassle of physical goods. All of the digital items from the $100 tier including an alpha key and and the alpha commander. Includes all previous tiers.
Estimated delivery: Jul 2013
In order to put the alpha on steam for everyone to buy, they likely figured that it would be unfair to make the alpha worth less than 90 dollars. Otherwise, they would be letting their kickstarters down who had backed them before the steam users ever did, if they put the product up for less than 90 dollars on steam.

If that line of reasoning is correct, PA should become cheaper once it gets past alpha/is fully released.
STAR-BREAK

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: STAR-BREAK

Postby ZaphodX » 31 Jul 2013, 13:30

Well it's $70 for alpha now or $60 in September when it moves into beta.
ZaphodX
Contributor

Has liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: TAG_ZaphodX

Postby btu_storm » 31 Jul 2013, 15:30

I've played some 100 games in the alpha and have to say it is impossible to gauge what the end result will be as it is an ALPHA - come on people...

However, I do believe the gfx are going to be very similar and have a marginal improvement, which irks me to death.... I like the serious style of Supp Comm and for a game like PA to come into development with its success on Kickstarter, it's a huge disappointment. Everything looks very cheap and the lack of more than one "race" is disturbingly lazy. I like that there are small differences within the four races of FAF such as the floating Aurora's that give an advantage on water maps.

PA is kind of dying before it starts.... I have lost my motivation as I've gotten way more into FAF. You guys built a great community and I'm doing everything I can to watch it build.
aka Morax
btu_storm
Crusader

Has liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: btu_storm

Postby LittleInferno » 13 Aug 2013, 16:26

btu_storm wrote:I've played some 100 games in the alpha and have to say it is impossible to gauge what the end result will be as it is an ALPHA - come on people...

However, I do believe the gfx are going to be very similar and have a marginal improvement, which irks me to death.... I like the serious style of Supp Comm and for a game like PA to come into development with its success on Kickstarter, it's a huge disappointment. Everything looks very cheap and the lack of more than one "race" is disturbingly lazy. I like that there are small differences within the four races of FAF such as the floating Aurora's that give an advantage on water maps.

PA is kind of dying before it starts.... I have lost my motivation as I've gotten way more into FAF. You guys built a great community and I'm doing everything I can to watch it build.

Let me say to you .best rts 2014 will be PA
Next year you will see wy.
Iff you are a casual player, when FAF is down you can´t play nothing moore,forghet PA
Iff you are a Gamer you will see PA will be epic rts by the diference.
For now FAF still Nr1

In 2014 Nr-1 will be PA and FAF
Nr2 Starcraft
LittleInferno
Banned

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 5 times
FAF User Name: Katherine

Postby Mycen » 13 Aug 2013, 18:24

STAR-BREAK wrote:
Mycen wrote:90euros? Why is is so expensive? Granted FA was the most recent game I've purchase, but do all games cost that much now? It seems... excessive.

I doubt you're looking in this thread anymore due to the age of your post but I'll say this to clear it up for anyone else who posts here.

If that line of reasoning is correct, PA should become cheaper once it gets past alpha/is fully released.

Yeah, I haven't checked this thread in a while. :)

But yeah, I forgot that isn't the actual retail price of the final game, but the price of using the alpha, so yeah, that makes more sense...
Mycen
Evaluator

Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 40 times
FAF User Name: Mycen

Previous

Return to Off-Topic