Asteroid Annihilation.

Talk about anything not related to FA or FAF here !

Re: Asteroid Annihilation.

Postby A_Naked_Girl » 17 Jun 2013, 04:17

One of my main concerns after seeing the PA trailer was that the units look cartoonish. Same problem as with Supcom 2. Supcom2 looks like a game with the aesthetic appeal for children, with colorful smiling robots running around, far from serious realistic look of the war machines in FA.

I'm afraid PA will look similarly graphics wise. Little colorful cartoon tanks chasing each other. Imagine a GC walking on that planet? The head would poke through the clouds. The lack of realism in the way it looks is alarming. Unless a map has 10-20 small planets such as the one Zep showed, I will be very disappointed as well. If there were many planets to each round that can be expanded to, some 10 times the size of the one shown, it would maybe fix the problem.

But we shall see how it turns out...
A_Naked_Girl
Crusader

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: A_Naked_Girl

Postby vongratz » 17 Jun 2013, 05:53

SPhantom wrote:One of my main concerns after seeing the PA trailer was that the units look cartoonish. Same problem as with Supcom 2. Supcom2 looks like a game with the aesthetic appeal for children, with colorful smiling robots running around, far from serious realistic look of the war machines in FA.

I'm afraid PA will look similarly graphics wise. Little colorful cartoon tanks chasing each other. Imagine a GC walking on that planet? The head would poke through the clouds. The lack of realism in the way it looks is alarming....

Yes, when I saw this, the units remember me a cartoonish version of TA, unfortunately also the units concept is VERY similar to this masterpiece of the past century. No great effort of creativity was made in the units area.They copied the exact formula with only one race.Kbot labs and vehicle labs? please!
vongratz

Has liked: 165 times
Been liked: 9 times

Postby Neojacques » 17 Jun 2013, 18:13

Calm is too early
Still a long way to final release, they can straighten photos and graphic scales as we see here:

Now:

If you stay just as it is pictured below game will be excellent:
Neojacques
Crusader

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: Jack_Jack

Previous

Return to Off-Topic