Benchmark request.

Talk about anything not related to FA or FAF here !

Benchmark request.

Postby Raghar » 01 Apr 2013, 22:06

Because I have a little problem with finding enough test subject, and surprisingly large number of people her has high end Intel CPU.

ONLY DESKTOP USERS. I have enough samples from laptops.

I wrote a small program that should test certain stuff on hyperthreaded CPUs, and I need few people who would run it.

https://mega.co.nz/#!QJgXSTjL!berfU1KkB ... vZYOyghkoY

The required steps for 4-core CPU are:
Turn off hyperthreading and run pack, and pack4C.
Turn on hyperthreading and run pack8C.
It create two html files, and I guess the first 10 lines in each file are important.

If you have only two core CPU, use pack without hyperthreading, and pack4C for test with hyperthreading.

I need 1 sandy bridge with hyperthreading, 1 sandy bridge without, and few ivy bridge both with and without hyperthreading.

Also one AMD Bulldozer, and one 6-core Vishere, and one 8-core Vishera as a control group.

Because some people don't have offline version of Java installed (and browsers didn't bother to install all libraries), there is an offline installer: http://javadl.sun.com/webapps/download/ ... leId=75261 This is for x64 windows. You can use openJava in linux (or standard Aptitude install from was it contrib?).
Raghar
Crusader

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Raghar

Re: Benchmark request.

Postby Raghar » 13 May 2013, 16:48

Finally I managed to stop playing FA for a while and get some time to analyse results.

So, so far I had two results: one of them from VoiceofReason:
Code: Select all
i7 Ivy 4C 1881944 4179871
8C 2114305 4179871

Does your CPU run at 4 GHz, or 4.2? Also what was your highest temperature in both tests?

The other from IronTony:
Code: Select all
i5 3.1-3.5 GHz Ivy 4C 2440396 4179871
8C 159084581 4179871

(You can also try to run pack.cmd, because you have non hyperthreaded CPU, well at least it shown what happens when you would run something designed for much faster CPU.)
BTW you have dual-channel RAM.

Thanx boys for your cooperation.

BTW when you are running pack8C on 4 cores/4 threads (nothing wrong with that, just it will take several minutes), or pack12C on 8 core CPUs, would you report highest temperatures? I'd like to know, if it's just slow, or if it's both slow and hot.
Raghar
Crusader

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Raghar

Return to Off-Topic