Resource Maintenance Modding Question

Talk about anything not related to FA or FAF here !

Resource Maintenance Modding Question

Postby Nottonius » 28 Mar 2013, 05:21

Hello.

Question: Is it possible to enforce mandatory energy maintenance (without a toggle button) for a unit that normally does not have maintenance.

Economy = {
MaintenanceConsumptionPerSecondEnergy = 200, #for radar
},

I have been able to enable energy maintenance through the implementation of the toggle buttons (toggle radar). When a unit is created at the factory, however, radar is active but the energy maintenance is NOT. I can click the toggle radar button to turn the radar off and when I turn the radar on again, THEN the energy maintenance is active. This is not practical, of course, as the player simply would never turn the radar off upon being built.

I saw that a cybran stealth plane has code to disable its stealth upon completion at the factory. Looks like the code is in the unit's script file so I am worried that I would have to enable maintenance by copying every unit folder and its contents to modify the scripting file (I'm relatively unskilled).

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!
Nottonius

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Nottonius

Re: Resource Maintenance Modding Question

Postby MushrooMars » 28 Mar 2013, 06:30

So, you want to enable maintenance consumption when a unit exits a factory? I'm pretty sure that's part of the default unit code...

But I'm probably wrong. What exactly is it you're trying to do?
MushrooMars

Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: MushrooMars

Re: Resource Maintenance Modding Question

Postby Nottonius » 28 Mar 2013, 19:50

Question: Is it possible to enforce mandatory energy maintenance (without a toggle button) for a unit that normally does not have maintenance.

I'm trying to impose energy maintenance for units as soon as they are operational (finished being built).
Nottonius

Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Nottonius

Return to Off-Topic