Here's the new GPG game : WILDMAN

Talk about anything not related to FA or FAF here !

Here's the new GPG game : WILDMAN

Postby Bliss » 14 Jan 2013, 20:34

For all the curious out there.... we were not expecting a lot but ... I don't know if I like this thing or not.... gotta see how the games turns out..... anyway what do you think ????

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gas ... action-rpg

Crush your enemies in this original action role-playing game from Gas Powered Games

Wildman delivers a thrilling mix of action-role-playing and real-time strategy that only a developer like Gas Powered Games can deliver.

In brief, this is what Wildman is all about:

Going to War: Build your army and fight against opposing champions armies for great rewards in hand-crafted War Zones.

Exploring the World: Go on RPG Adventures in amazing and epic environments; discover secret dungeons; fight battles against rampaging hordes of monsters; find and equip new weapons and armor.

Evolving or Dying: Steal technology from your defeated opponents and use it against them in future battles.

Smashing and Destroying: Advanced physics and destructible environments deliver highly visceral (and bloody) combat.

Imagine a game where you control a single hero—the “Wildman”—dropped into the middle of a War Zone. The battle starts. Your own army begins to engage the approaching enemy.

You support your troops with your own combat abilities and skills. You shape-shift into new forms that grant you new abilities. You upgrade your armies with new technology. You construct defenses. Your opponent switches tactics; you reconfigure your army to counter.

You push the enemy back to their citadel, their home base. You face your opponent’s champion. You each rally your troops for support. You execute your special abilities with precision. Your opponent is devastated.

You survey the battlefield: the bodies strewn on the ground, the trees burned down and smoldering, the buildings turned to rubble. You collect your rewards. You evolve.

Victory is yours. For now.

Now imagine that between these War Zone battles you can go on role-playing adventures. You can explore fantastical environments. You can discover ancient dungeons full of mystery and treasure. You can earn new skills. You can discover and equip new weapons and armor. You can collect materials. You can craft new items. You can fight relentless onslaughts of men and monsters.

Wildman has fast-paced combat that tests your reflexes and deep role-playing that rewards strategic thinking. The more you play, the greater your power.
Bliss
Contributor

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 7 times
FAF User Name: Bliss

Re: Here's the new GPG game : WILDMAN

Postby HighFlyer15 » 14 Jan 2013, 20:37

They should've continued K&C tbh, since they already had(what half a game?!) a lot of stuff done, but I just backed them anyways. Just because I love them.
HighFlyer15

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby pip » 14 Jan 2013, 20:43

I'm glad it's not a browser game after all. However, I have the impression they are trying a melting pot of ideas that may not appeal to any of the intended audiences. It reminds me of Spellforce, which was not really a good RTS nor a good RPG.
If I support this, it's rather to support GPG and Chris Taylor and give them the benefit of the doubt. I am not really thrilled by this project but it might end up like a pleasant surprise.
pip
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 191 times
Been liked: 86 times
FAF User Name: pip

Postby ColonelSheppard » 21 Jan 2013, 15:33

i probably have to re-consider my statement about the game... (to a much better one)

i know that sounds strange from me lol
ColonelSheppard
Contributor

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 165 times
FAF User Name: Sheppy

Postby Amenton » 01 Feb 2013, 04:36

New updates on this - they are still moving forward - new video is up and they are doing a big reveal over the next week with all the features.....here is the new video...

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gaspoweredgames/wildman-an-evolutionary-action-rpg

Amenton
Contributor

FAF User Name: Amenton

Postby Ze_PilOt » 01 Feb 2013, 09:33

This should have been the day 1 video, not the day 20 video :(
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Postby Kryo » 01 Feb 2013, 09:46

absolutely. if it fails, its to a big part because they thought it will be easy going... and it wasnt
Kryo
Evaluator

FAF User Name: Kryo

Postby Bliss » 04 Feb 2013, 02:07

actual pledge trend says around 600'000 at the end of the kickstarter..... :?

It will probably be not successfull, it takes a miracle to get the amount they asked
Bliss
Contributor

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 7 times
FAF User Name: Bliss

Postby Vault54 » 08 Feb 2013, 13:45

I wrote a news article about Wildman kickstarter on one of the biggest Finnish gaming community sites. http://www.gaming.fi/keskustelu.php?ketju_id=7410&sivu=0&kat_id=9998 I suggest that many people would write about Wildman in their native language to their local gaming community sites too. Just contact the site administrators and give them all the necessary information and links or give a prewritten article(by you) for them to publish like in my case.
"Don't Hate The Player, Don't Hate The Game" - The Diamond Standard
Vault54

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 5 times
FAF User Name: Vault54

Return to Off-Topic