Page 2 of 2

Re: map containment thread

PostPosted: 16 May 2018, 20:03
by F-odin
The choice of who plays the map is the person who hosts it, if you complain about a map then go and host your own. People should be allowed to play whatever map they want and it shouldn't be down to the team to flag maps because they aren't adaptive

Re: map containment thread

PostPosted: 16 May 2018, 20:11
by Dro
If they were looking to remove maps for visibility maybe a filter would help. One being used for original maps (or orginal bug fixed maps) and one for all versions of the map (additional players and adaptive ect) . This would mean you could still search for a map after finding it in the vault, the original map maker gets credit still(SINCE THEY DID ALL THE FUCKING WORK) and the other versions are still able to be viewed and downloaded.

Making a map 4v4 or 8v8 from an original 1v1 or 2v2 map doesnt change the design of the map and requires little work compared to making a full map also no map really has been improved by upping the numbers of players on it the map if it was originally designed with a specified number of players on the map that's what it was designed around and clearly if someone made a map that is decent they would put thought into such thing as mex placement and spawn locations. The only acceptable silencing of a map should be if terrain is bugged and subsequently fixed or if some startup bug prevents the map from loading and even then due credit should still be given to the original author since again what you did was improve upon a someone else's body of work.

TLDR; ONLY EVER REPLACE MAPS THAT ARE BUGGED AND THEN ONLY CHANGE THE ORIGINAL MAP TO THE NEW ORIGINAL BUG FIXED MAP (maybe the author should
be contacted on this one still though)

IMPLEMENT FILTER IF YOU WANT TO CLEANUP THE VAULT AND GET MORE MAP VARIETY SO THAT ONLY 1 VERSION OF A MAP WILL SHOW ON THE VAULT
THE OTHER SETTING WILL BE DISPLAYING THE FULL AIDS THAT IS THE MAP VAULT

Re: map containment thread

PostPosted: 16 May 2018, 20:12
by Blue_Owl
QuestionMarkNoob wrote:
duel gap player wrote:he said he wants to keep newest version? why would he delete the one everyone plays on...

but I know it is adaptive and at least he understand duel gap more than others here. There are so many useless old and bad duel gap maps. look at some of their post history they dont even care about gap they just here to complain not to fix gap




The fact that BlueOwl did not even read the map description is concerning.



Check your shit before writing something.
Image
This it's script file:
local ScenarioFramework = import('/lua/ScenarioFramework.lua')
local ScenarioUtils = import('/lua/sim/ScenarioUtilities.lua')

function OnPopulate()
ScenarioUtils.InitializeArmies()
ScenarioFramework.SetPlayableArea('AREA_1' , false)
end

function OnStart(self)
end


Not so adaptive, huh? Use your brains before writing please.

Re: map containment thread

PostPosted: 16 May 2018, 20:13
by Blue_Owl
Dro wrote:If they were looking to remove maps for visibility maybe a filter would help.



It is not possible to edit current vault since its a crap mix of python and php and noone besides Zep knows how it works.

Re: map containment thread

PostPosted: 16 May 2018, 20:14
by Dro
Blue_Owl wrote:
QuestionMarkNoob wrote:
duel gap player wrote:he said he wants to keep newest version? why would he delete the one everyone plays on...

but I know it is adaptive and at least he understand duel gap more than others here. There are so many useless old and bad duel gap maps. look at some of their post history they dont even care about gap they just here to complain not to fix gap




The fact that BlueOwl did not even read the map description is concerning.



Check your shit before writing something.
Image
This it's script file:
local ScenarioFramework = import('/lua/ScenarioFramework.lua')
local ScenarioUtils = import('/lua/sim/ScenarioUtilities.lua')

function OnPopulate()
ScenarioUtils.InitializeArmies()
ScenarioFramework.SetPlayableArea('AREA_1' , false)
end

function OnStart(self)
end


Not so adaptive, huh? Use your brains before writing please.



Duel gap being adaptive doesn't make your argument any more right and culling the vault based on 'moraxs shitlist' IS LITERALLY the most retarded idea posed to humanity

Re: map containment thread

PostPosted: 16 May 2018, 20:16
by Viba
I think it is time to put a lid on this jar, again.

Issues raised in this thread and the previous one have been noted. A set of guidelines are under work now.

The guidelines will be reviewed by the council and will be viewable by the public for any additional opinions.
Once the guidelines are agreed upon, continued vault work will follow them. The maps that got hidden so far will be reviewed according to the established guidelines.

So perhaps wait for the initial public draft and voice your opinions then in a more constructive fashion.