Split offtopic

Talk about anything not related to FA or FAF here !

Re: Been writing some code

Postby speed2 » 23 Feb 2017, 18:51

And yet your lobby has amazing 0 users last few months.I've been waiting for signs of users but I'm getting only soon™ how everything will be amazing once you get some time to work on it. Good job saving the community from bad FAF which is killing FA.
speed2
Contributor

Has liked: 636 times
Been liked: 1119 times
FAF User Name: speed2

Postby Exotic_Retard » 23 Feb 2017, 18:57

currently we are up by 25% monthly unique players since just after the server change, down by ~8% from just before (that period with constant downtimes) and roughly the same as 2 years ago.

i would call that stagnant with fluctuations. this means that the retention is equal to the number of people leaving. this means faf is not dead. this also means that there is no overall trend of going up/down, so no change is enough to push more players out than usual fluctuations.

but whatever i guess this post is just gonna get ignored now since opinions > evidences.
Exotic_Retard
Contributor

Has liked: 557 times
Been liked: 626 times
FAF User Name: Exotic_Retard

Postby dstojkov » 23 Feb 2017, 19:03

speed2 wrote:And yet your lobby has amazing 0 users last few months.I've been waiting for signs of users but I'm getting only soon™ how everything will be amazing once you get some time to work on it. Good job saving the community from bad FAF which is killing FA.

Well I have 0 users since it is not online yet but even when it is online with 0 users .... Why do you care ? This argument can not make faf looks better in any way. You still have the same issues

But if you feel better by saying this well ... your welcome I have no problem with that. Actually what i am doing is giving you some advise but i guess you don't see that way. I have plenty of time i don't care after awhile every troll will be gone
dstojkov
Evaluator

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 24 times

Postby biass » 23 Feb 2017, 19:04

Well consider this: who really matters more:
The guy who afk's in lobby 24/7 and plays gap or thermo maybe once or the guy who steps up and communicates and contributes to the "community" itself?

It might be hard to see from within private slack chats but we're getting lots of group A's and not many if at all Group B's

Lets take that back to mapping, we've been losing people who bother to make them, but we don't have a lot of new people stepping up do we? can you name one person who went from a nobody last year, to someone you can list off the top of your head now?

also about dsto client remarks:faf wouldn't have many players either if it wasn't actually put online but hey honestly you just fuel his drive to work on it through hatred so more power to you
Map thread: https://bit.ly/2PBsa5H

Petricpwnz wrote:biass on his campaign to cleanse and remake every single map of FAF because he is an untolerating reincarnation of mapping hitler
biass
Contributor

Has liked: 598 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: biass

Postby Gorton » 23 Feb 2017, 19:11

Ok time to prune this into a separate discussion which may or may not then get axed
"who is this guy, he didnt play gpg or what?" - RA_ZLO

*FAF Moderator*
Gorton
Councillor - Moderation

Has liked: 1067 times
Been liked: 455 times
FAF User Name: Gorton

Re: Split offtopic

Postby dstojkov » 23 Feb 2017, 19:21

Gorton wrote:Ok time to prune this into a separate discussion which may or may not then get axed

Why the split ? this is actually an active thread in ... OFF TOPIC :(

we exchange our point of view. Nothing wrong here
dstojkov
Evaluator

Postby Gorton » 23 Feb 2017, 19:22

Because softly's thread was derailed and he didn't want it to be.
"who is this guy, he didnt play gpg or what?" - RA_ZLO

*FAF Moderator*
Gorton
Councillor - Moderation

Has liked: 1067 times
Been liked: 455 times
FAF User Name: Gorton

Postby Downlord » 23 Feb 2017, 19:23

dstojkov wrote:since the beginning i am continually telling you the same stuff and yes what happen is ...

You didn't tell "me" anything.

dstojkov wrote:who is the one that was right now ?

I know you don't realize so there's no point in telling you, but: not you.

dstojkov wrote:You are in a leadership position and mange to ruin it !! wow

Didn't know I already ruined FAF in the past 4 weeks or so I've been software councilor. But thanks for letting me know.

dstojkov wrote:My lobby was done in less that one year at least the back end and that has barely changed.

I like your definition of "done".
Spoiler: show

It hasn't even left beta since you started it 2.5 years ago.

dstojkov wrote:Stuff that you not have implemented yet !!!

It's not difficult to add a feature that we don't have. And let's ignore the other 90% of features you're not yet having.

dstojkov wrote:Don't make me laugh

Goes both ways.

I'm done wasting my time here. I could as well try to tell a deaf person that he/she is deaf - equally pointless.
But I hope that at least the "supporters" see the reality how it is. I don't mind you two wasting your time.

Please just don't waste ours.
Working on FAF is my passion. Most of you know me for the feature-rich Downlord's FAF Client, but I also program and maintain the FAF server. Visit my Patreon page to get some insights on my work.
Downlord
Councillor - DevOps

Has liked: 161 times
Been liked: 213 times
FAF User Name: Downlord

Postby dstojkov » 23 Feb 2017, 19:31

it is not personal dude, I never had the intention of wasting your time.

Do as you wish.

I just don't understand why Softly get trolled yet he wanted to contribute even if this is not like you wanted it to be. He is willing to do something let it be
dstojkov
Evaluator

Previous

Return to Off-Topic