Phantom-X Ladder Scoring

Moderators: Duck_42, mead

Phantom-X Ladder Scoring

Postby Duck_42 » 09 Feb 2013, 20:39

Zep,

Mead and I have been working towards a scoring system for Phantom games. The scoring system is very similar to the ranked games now.

+5 points for a win :D
+1 for killing another player (regardless of affiliation) :twisted:
-1 for being killed :cry:
-2 for killing an innocent player (if you're not a phantom) :oops:

The scores are reported in the same manner (i.e. gameresults) as the rest of FAF games. However, instead of simply reporting "victory", "defeat", or "draw", the Phantom mod will report:
"phantom victory" for the winning phantom
"phantom defeat" for each phantom killed
"innocent defeat" for each innocent killed
"innocent victory" for each innocent that survives.

There are two in which draws come into play. The first is a phantom on phantom (where they both kill each other). In this case, a "phantom draw" will be reported for each player. The other scenario is a phantom on innocent. In that case, an "innocent draw" will be reported for the innocent player and a "phantom draw" will be reported for the phantom player.

Prior to assignment, all players are considered innocent. So, killing anyone before assignment will cost you a point.

I'm not really sure how the server side code handles scores and reporting, so I don't know if I did everything correctly. On that note, if something needs changed, please let me know. Also, if you have any questions about the scoring or reporting mechanics, I'll be happy to answer them.

Mead has already posted an updated version of the Phantom-X mod, so you should be able to work with actual game results going foward.

Thanks again Zep! :)
Duck_42

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 18 times
FAF User Name: Duck_42

Re: Phantom-X Ladder Scoring

Postby noobymcnoobcake » 07 Mar 2013, 23:48

Will there be a separate phantom ladder? I would rather this as opposed to it being integrated with normal game play. IF this could be integrated it would be great.
noobymcnoobcake
Evaluator

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 5 times

Re: Phantom-X Ladder Scoring

Postby mead » 10 Mar 2013, 16:03

Serverside, there will be two additional ladders, one for Phantoms, one for Innocents. How those will be displayed in the client is of secondary concern to us, as the entire point of the exercise is datamining global statistics (win percentages etc.), not getting the results for individual players.
According to Zep, he probably won't have time to do his part until GW is online, which afaik is a few months away.
mead

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: mead

Return to Phantom-X