Anti nuke should shoot all nukes but your own

Moderators: Duck_42, mead

Anti nuke should shoot all nukes but your own

Postby noobymcnoobcake » 06 Jun 2012, 17:09

It is annoying when someone nukes without breaking. Normally you break with them but it only takes one time you forget or don't notice then your dead. Anti nukes should shoot down all nukes but your own. This will be a simple fix for the problem.
noobymcnoobcake
Evaluator

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 5 times

Re: Anti nuke should shoot all nukes but your own

Postby Koecher » 06 Jun 2012, 19:24

Sure, and in team games with close bases you maybe catch your allies nuke on the way to the opponent. :lol:
Pretty helpfull...

Seriously, if you got nuked by allied more often, you should either think about yourself, or the ppl you used to play with.
Koecher
Contributor

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 20 times
FAF User Name: Koecher

Postby uberge3k » 06 Jun 2012, 19:35

As Koecher said, this isn't a problem. You know what they say about keeping your friends close and your enemies closer... ;)
Ze_PilOt wrote:If you want something to happen, do it yourself.
uberge3k
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 48 times
FAF User Name: TAG_UBER

Postby FunkOff » 06 Jun 2012, 20:00

noobymcnoobcake wrote:It is annoying when someone nukes without breaking. Normally you break with them but it only takes one time you forget or don't notice then your dead. Anti nukes should shoot down all nukes but your own. This will be a simple fix for the problem.

Although possible, this is a very general solution to a very specific problem. Nukes would be ruined in team games because ally SMDs would shoot down your missiles (setons, for rockford, any team game with players near or behind their allies).

Just pay attention and don't get caught unaware. Nuke launches has a very loud, very obvious alert, and you can see them when the person firing it is allied to you.
FunkOff
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 43 times
FAF User Name: FakeOff

Postby noobymcnoobcake » 07 Jun 2012, 12:47

Koecher wrote:Sure, and in team games with close bases you maybe catch your allies nuke on the way to the opponent. :lol:
Pretty helpfull...

Seriously, if you got nuked by allied more often, you should either think about yourself, or the ppl you used to play with.

Im talking about phantom games only here. The annoying thing is when you nuke someone if they don't break the peace with you then your anti nuke will not shoot it down. Never in phantom games are the bases that close together that shooting down allied nukes that go up will be a problem.
noobymcnoobcake
Evaluator

Postby Duck_42 » 08 Jun 2012, 00:10

I realize it's not very sporting when people nuke without breaking. That being said, one should be paying enough attention to the game (and the fact that a strategic missle was just launched) to know that a nuke is headed their way.

I'll look into it though. If it's easy, I might do it, but no promises on this one.
Duck_42

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 18 times
FAF User Name: Duck_42

Postby Ze_PilOt » 08 Jun 2012, 09:21

It's more a problem with TML than nuke if you want my opinion.
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Postby noobymcnoobcake » 08 Jun 2012, 13:49

Ze_PilOt wrote:It's more a problem with TML than nuke if you want my opinion.

Yeah why do it for TMLS as well. I have had mex TMLed without breaking but have not had base billyed...yet. dont forget tac missiles go through allied shields so two billys 20 seconds apart will basically destroy you and all your build power and you will not have time to react
noobymcnoobcake
Evaluator

Postby Duck_42 » 13 Jun 2012, 02:39

...okay, so after digging around the FA SCD files for a bit, I haven't the first clue as to where I would actually make this type of change (for either nukes or TML). So, unless someone can point me in the right direction, I don't think I'll be doing this one.
Duck_42

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 18 times
FAF User Name: Duck_42

Postby noobymcnoobcake » 16 Jun 2012, 09:51

How about making the nukes and tac missiles themselves enemy to everyone but the guy who launched them. Create new teams in the phantom game, one for each players nukes/tac missiles. However this does sound like a lot of work...
noobymcnoobcake
Evaluator

Next

Return to Phantom-X