[bug] Phantom X - phantom is revealed

Moderators: Duck_42, mead

Re: [bug] Phantom X - phantom is revealed

Postby FunkOff » 03 Jun 2012, 18:36

Duck_42 wrote:Changing the storage should just be a matter of adjusting the blueprint files. I'll see about fixing that.

Removing the bps will revert them to default FAF files. I think the script file controls he appears of full vs empty.
FunkOff
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 43 times
FAF User Name: FakeOff

Postby Duck_42 » 03 Jun 2012, 19:13

I think Funk is right about the storage. Just need Zep to remove the bp files :D.

So, here's the next code fix:
-Fixed the announcements bug
-Added phantom numbering to UI
-Fixed countdown timer problem

Phantom-X Fix 2.zip
Phantom-X LUA Code Fix 2
(8.76 KiB) Downloaded 209 times

:?: For future reference, how to go about testing the mod code?

I read somewhere that it has to be in an SCD file because it changes the lobby options. I've tried it several other ways, and none of them will show the reveal time options in the lobby, so is there anything special about creating an scd file (or can I just take the phantomx.phx, edit it, rename it to .scd, and drop it in the gamedata somewhere)? Not having the lobby options makes it a little hard to test the thing.
Duck_42

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 18 times
FAF User Name: Duck_42

Postby noobymcnoobcake » 03 Jun 2012, 19:23

Was playing phantom game. Decided to build an Atlantis after base was smashed by yotha. The UEF box was there but the actual Atlantis was not. Ended up abandoning it and building another. Resources were used up but I never got the unit.

http://www.2shared.com/file/CgndPQcQ/14 ... bcake.html
noobymcnoobcake
Evaluator

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 5 times

Postby Duck_42 » 03 Jun 2012, 19:44

noobymcnoobcake wrote:Was playing phantom game. Decided to build an Atlantis after base was smashed by yotha. The UEF box was there but the actual Atlantis was not. Ended up abandoning it and building another. Resources were used up but I never got the unit.

http://www.2shared.com/file/CgndPQcQ/14 ... bcake.html

Hmmm. It does show up weird in the replay. I don't know of anything in the Phantom-X mod that would directly affect units (other than mass and energy storage) though. As I mentioned, there's a script error in the first fix that I posted, but I would think that any problems from that would be limited to the scope of the Phantom-X script.
Duck_42

Postby noobymcnoobcake » 04 Jun 2012, 16:33

Thats why I posted in in general bugs topic, but Zep said I should post it here.
noobymcnoobcake
Evaluator

Postby noobymcnoobcake » 08 Jun 2012, 12:31

Also phantom reveal time should not be cumulative. It should also be the total time showed. For instance if it said 15 min then it should show 15 mins into the game not 15+8. For second and third phantoms it should be exactly the same, not adding on the first phantom time. there should be longer time options added because of this.
noobymcnoobcake
Evaluator

Postby Duck_42 » 08 Jun 2012, 13:24

noobymcnoobcake wrote:Also phantom reveal time should not be cumulative. It should also be the total time showed. For instance if it said 15 min then it should show 15 mins into the game not 15+8. For second and third phantoms it should be exactly the same, not adding on the first phantom time. there should be longer time options added because of this.

Actually, it's really programmers choice. :D The mod was originally designed to be declare time (8 minutes) + reveal time. The lobby descriptions for the phantom 2 reveal time and phantom 3 reveal time clearly say they are cumlative. Rearranging the UI means rewriting and tweaking several code sections (it's not just a simple math change). As long as one can do some quick math, one can figure out the appropriate settings to use.

However, I see two points in what you're requesting that may need to be fixed.
1. Description for option 1 needs to say that it's the time after declare (i.e. 8 min + reveal time)
2. One can't reveal multiple phantoms at the same time.

I'll add those to my todo list to look at.
Duck_42

Postby noobymcnoobcake » 08 Jun 2012, 13:45

Thanks
noobymcnoobcake
Evaluator

Previous