Tech sharing without saying so upfront(in Phantom)

Moderators: Duck_42, mead

Tech sharing without saying so upfront(in Phantom)

Postby Androish » 28 Jul 2016, 04:03

Tech sharing without saying so upfront is basicly cheating "gg". I lost mainly because I did not scout Anoob but still would not have lost if not... :P
Attachments
notcool.jpg
notcool.jpg (737.33 KiB) Viewed 6770 times
Androish

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 14 times
FAF User Name: Androish

Re: Tech sharing without saying so upfront(in Phantom)

Postby Hawkei » 28 Jul 2016, 05:11

What makes you think it is cheating? How can it be cheating if there is not rule explicitly prohibiting it... Rather, I would call it diplomacy. If you trust a player well enough to share tech then good for you. If someone else does it, and you don't like it, you should negotiate a settlement. Or make your own tech swap. You could even engage in some gunboat diplomacy, by threatening war if they don't comply.
Hawkei
Supreme Commander

Location: A rather obscure planet in a small cluster of stars on the outer edge of the Milky Way Galaxy
Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 182 times
FAF User Name: Firewall

Postby Androish » 28 Jul 2016, 11:48

It is a basic phantom rule. If you want to do it you really need to state it upfront. It's even in the how to play. Nothing about trust, With reveal you know who is who anyways.
Androish

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 14 times
FAF User Name: Androish

Postby Vanguard » 17 Aug 2017, 12:20

Hawkei wrote:What makes you think it is cheating? How can it be cheating if there is not rule explicitly prohibiting it... Rather, I would call it diplomacy. If you trust a player well enough to share tech then good for you. If someone else does it, and you don't like it, you should negotiate a settlement. Or make your own tech swap. You could even engage in some gunboat diplomacy, by threatening war if they don't comply.

I realize this is not a recent conversation, but nobody seems to be on the Phantom Boards anymore anyway and I have a low day at work, I decided to have a conversation with myself basically. :roll:

It´s not cheating - but here is the thing: If I see somebody else tech swapping, i automatically HAVE to assume ( for my own safety ) that those two are phantoms, playing coy with their eco.

Tech sharing in Phantom results in me automatically attacking them, unless i already clearly identified the culprits. Which I´m still working on getting better at.

Yesterday I sent over T2 corsairs to ground-fire destroy tech traded engineers and withdrew, and I will continue to do so. Basic rule: If you behaver like a Phantom get treated as such.
Vanguard

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 11 times
FAF User Name: Vanguard

Postby Lieutenant Lich » 17 Aug 2017, 16:49

"Although not explicitly stated, engineer trade is usually prohibited in Phantom games. Before trading, check with the host to ensure that engineer trading is allowed. Stealing (capturing) engineers is allowed as long as it's not a disguised trade."

A statement must be added regarding what to do if tech trading wasn't discussed.

Spoiler: show
Vanguard... will be Vanguard... little does he know of how much more useful can innocents be if they have multiple tech... Imagine a player with gaeon air, mixed UEF and seraphim navy and cybran experimentals and stealth coms...
Don't complain about that which you aren't willing to change.

My mod:
viewtopic.php?f=67&t=12864
Lieutenant Lich
Evaluator

Has liked: 992 times
Been liked: 818 times

Postby Vanguard » 18 Aug 2017, 10:23

Lich King wrote:Vanguard... will be Vanguard... little does he know of how much more useful can innocents be if they have multiple tech... Imagine a player with gaeon air, mixed UEF and seraphim navy and cybran experimentals and stealth coms...

Not sure where this is coming from? A little context please. :roll:
Vanguard

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 11 times
FAF User Name: Vanguard

Postby Lieutenant Lich » 18 Aug 2017, 16:54

Tech trading != phantom
Don't complain about that which you aren't willing to change.

My mod:
viewtopic.php?f=67&t=12864
Lieutenant Lich
Evaluator

Has liked: 992 times
Been liked: 818 times

Return to Phantom-X