Phantom-X + BlackOps

Moderators: Duck_42, mead

Phantom-X + BlackOps

Postby postal » 20 Oct 2015, 22:43

Hi,
we really like Phantom-X and would love to play it with BlackOps. Is it possible to do this?
I've tried to write my own lua "mod" which loads init_blackops.lua and init_phantomx.lua but it doesnt work this way.
How can i do this?

postal
postal

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 0 time

Re: Phantom-X + BlackOps

Postby Duck_42 » 24 Oct 2015, 05:27

Hi postal,

You're not the first person to ask about this. I agree, it would be nice if it were possible to combine certain compatible mods (such as phantom and Blackops). Since I don't play Blackops very much, I never pursued it.

As you noticed, FAF uses LUA initialization files to start Forged Alliance. It wouldn't be very difficult to create an initialization file that loads phantom and blackops together.

Perhaps something like:
Code: Select all
local File = '*.bo'
local File2 = '*.phx'

mount_dir(InitFileDir..'\\..\\gamedata\\'..File, '/')
mount_dir(InitFileDir..'\\..\\gamedata\\'..File2, '/')

It is fairly easy to run FA with a custom initialization file. I do it sometimes when I'm testing mods and script code (look in the FAF client log file for an example of the command line parameter). Custom ini files don't work with FAF though.

In order to launch blackops and phantom together in FAF, the FAF client will need to be modified to specifically call the initialization file. Also, people will need a way to select that mode (blackops + phantom) in the FAF client. If you'd like to request that as a new feature, I'd suggest posting in the "FAF Suggestions" forum.
Duck_42

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 18 times
FAF User Name: Duck_42

Return to Phantom-X