Issue with BlackOps Installing

Forum for Blackops Featured Mods.

Moderators: ExavierMacbeth, lt_hawkeye, OrangeKNight

Re: Blackops Project Info 3/13/2012

Postby DarkKaiser810 » 24 May 2012, 01:09

how do i get the black ops mods to work with FA i installed them correctly and put everything where its suppose to be i made sure but when the mods are activated ingame and i launch the skirmish game it just loads and loads and wont go in the game that's the current problem im having
DarkKaiser810

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: DarkKaiser810

Postby OrangeKNight » 24 May 2012, 04:20

DarkKaiser, the steps for doing the sounds are in the Instructions I posted before, look where the game was installed to to find the sounds folder.

Mike
OrangeKNight
Crusader

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times

Postby DarkKaiser810 » 24 May 2012, 07:00

i tried that but it still wouldn't go is there something else im missing?
DarkKaiser810

Postby Ze_PilOt » 24 May 2012, 08:51

Probably. Can you post some logs ?
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Blackops Project Info 3/13/2012

Postby OrangeKNight » 24 May 2012, 11:30

DarkKaiser, these 1 sentence answers aren't getting us anywhere, it's very hard to help when you aren't fully explaining the problem(s). For example, what do you mean by "but it still wouldn't go", you couldn't copy the sound files? The mod still didn't run afterwards? You need to describe not only the issue, but what you've done, I get the feeling that by this point you'd nbeed to start fresh.

So, remove anything concerning BlackOps from the Mod and sound folders, then before trying tin install it agian this this whole thread a good and thorough read;

How to Install Mods Sticky - GPGNet Forums

Then Slowly and carefully follow these in structions;

1) First off DELETE your old version of BlackOps(must do this)

2) Download either the .ZIP of the mod

3) if you downloaded the .ZIP extract it to your mods folder(avoid getting double folders like BlackOpsUnleashed/BlackOpsUnleashed as this will cause errors)

4) now go into your /mods/BlackOpsUnleashed/ folder, you will see 2 files named "BlackOpsSB.xsb" and "BlackOpsWB.xwb" move BOTH of these files into your "supcomFA/sounds" folder. that will enable the custom sounds to be heard.

5) enable in the mod manager and enjoy( you should only have 2 Yoda pics in your mod manager ;p)

Also if you aren't using the FAF Featured mod system you will also need to install BOGIS.

Also Zep, can you make me a moderator for this forum as well? This really should be it's own thread.

Mike
OrangeKNight
Crusader

Postby Ze_PilOt » 24 May 2012, 11:50

But what is the advantage of using the mod version ?
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Re: Issue with BlackOps Installing

Postby DarkKaiser810 » 24 May 2012, 22:32

ok i made sure i had the fully updated mods each one then i put them in the mod folder and put the sound ones into the sound folder after that i started up the game then i clicked skirmish i set up the map activated the mods and put no nukes and no game enders after that i put 2 Ai turtles and then i started the skirmish game when it loads u have the loading screen of Supreme FA .:in Transit:. it just keeps loading non stop and the game wont go on after that.

this is what i mean http://www.mobygames.com/images/shots/l ... creens.jpg

that image is what its on and it just keeps loading non stop and wont start the game for me to play im able to launch FA but i cant play with the black op mods when i activate them it just loads non stop but when i take them off im able to play just fine
DarkKaiser810

Postby Brandon007 » 24 May 2012, 23:22

That more looks like the Vanilla SupCom loading screen. Are you sure your using FA, and not the Vanilla?
Gotta play the Nomads!

I might put up my Mod on here to, if everyones nice enough.
Brandon007

Been liked: 0 time

Postby OrangeKNight » 24 May 2012, 23:39

Well, if you game is up to date, and you installed the mod correctly there isn't any reason it shouldn't work. Few other things to check;

Is FA fully up to date?

List ALL the mods you have enabled, as well as a second list with all the Mods you have installed(also list eh versions where applicable)

Double check again for Nested Folders(A 'BlackOps' folder inside a 'BlackOps' folder)

Otherwise I don't really know what to say, usually when this kind of thing happens it's due to a faulty install.

Mike
OrangeKNight
Crusader

Postby lt_hawkeye » 25 May 2012, 02:26

good call brandon

Dark i hope you are't trying to use blackops for vanilla supcom, because it won't work.

if you still can't get it to run for whatever reason just do as Ze stated and use FAF's featured mod listing, i've been very busy as of late(effin Diablo)
lt_hawkeye
Crusader

Been liked: 0 time

PreviousNext

Return to Blackops