BlackOps update for FAF 3652beta! +downloadlinks

Forum for Blackops Featured Mods.

Moderators: ExavierMacbeth, lt_hawkeye, OrangeKNight

Re: BlackOps update for FAF 3652beta! +downloadlinks

Postby IceDreamer » 07 Feb 2016, 22:37

Uveso please PM me. I'd like to get you organised fully on Slack and Github and perform a full QA of your work, get a robust set of mods working, and release a concerted BlackOps experience fully OKed by OrangeKnight and Lt.Hawkeye alongside the 3652 update when that ships, or shortly afterwards.
IceDreamer
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 488 times

Postby fruitychocolate » 08 Feb 2016, 02:27

@Icedreamer could you Please! Tell us how to play the 3652 update or is it unavailable at this time?
fruitychocolate

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: ceten

Postby Uveso » 08 Feb 2016, 08:06

@bz2king:
Thank you very much!!!

@Plasia
You are wellcome!

@fruitychocolate & bz2king
If u had already played the beta, you can simply start it with a command line: (If not; see HACK)

Make a desktop-shortcut from the file:
C:\ProgramData\FAForever\bin\ForgedAlliance.exe
(Rightclick the file and select "Send to" -> Desktop Shortcut")

Open the shortcut and change the Command line (target):
to:
C:\ProgramData\FAForever\bin\ForgedAlliance.exe /init init_balanceTesting.lua
This will start the balanceTesting. Means the Version beta3652

@IceDreamer
Thanks, but no thanks. I got already a warning from Legion Darrath for posting, hmm, a sarcastic post ? I dont really know why i got
the warning, but as long as my english is too bad to understand that, i dont want to work in english and maybe getting more warnings or a ban.
First i posted the mods only for my friends. Now i am using the forum to learn more english. But i am 45 years old, and english is'nt easy for me.

greetings Uveso.

********************************************************************************************************
HACK: I dont recommend to do this, and i never wrote this! but if u are bored... :)

Ok, i expect you are already playing with the FA Forever Lobby, and you had already started a game over Find Games -> Create Custom Games -> FAF

Now, download the Beta Files from my webspace here:
http://faforever.uveso.de/FAForeverBetaData.rar
[Edit] Outdated! (file removed!)

Extract the .rar archive, and copy/Override the folder "bin" and "gamedata" to:
C:/ProgrammData/FaForever/
(The folder Programmdata is hidden by Windows-default!)

Now make a Desktopshortcut from the file:
(Rightclick the file and select "Send to" -> Desktop Shortcut")

Open the shortcut and change the Command line (target) to:
C:\ProgramData\FAForever\bin\ForgedAlliance.exe /init init_balanceTesting.lua

After starting the gmae with this shortcut, open a Skirmish or a multiplayergame.
You should now see the version 3652 in the upper corner.
Last edited by Uveso on 17 Feb 2016, 18:27, edited 2 times in total.
Uveso
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 291 times
FAF User Name: Uveso

Postby Uveso » 08 Feb 2016, 09:38

Update from 08.Feb.2016

BlackOps Adv Command Units V15-3652-03

Unit.lua Prevent Battle Support Commander from Upgrading Enhancments. (Battle SACU from Experimental Wars Mod don't have Enhancements.)

fixed some issues with the UEF ACU Spy satelite

BlackOps Special Weapons V4-3652-04

Unit EAL0301 Aeon Teleport Harassment Bot
fixed teleporting

Unit EEB0402 UEF Stellar Generator
fixed mesh and animation errors

Reworked Sorian AI Support

BlackOps Unleashed V10-3652-06

Updated Sorian AI Support
Uveso
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 291 times
FAF User Name: Uveso

Postby Krapougnak » 08 Feb 2016, 15:01

Uveso wrote:@bz2king:
@IceDreamer
Thanks, but no thanks. I got already a warning from Legion Darrath for posting, hmm, a sarcastic post ? I dont really know why i got
the warning, but as long as my english is too bad to understand that, i dont want to work in english and maybe getting more warnings or a ban.
First i posted the mods only for my friends. Now i am using the forum to learn more english. But i am 45 years old, and english is'nt easy for me.

greetings Uveso.

I don't think you risk anything as Icedreamer runs the site (with others) and he is making you an official offer, plus your english is good enough and way better than others IMHO. It would be much better if your work was integrated in the main FAF when 3652 is released for easy access. Please consider Icedreamer offer seriously and become an official contributor.
Krapougnak
Contributor

Has liked: 193 times
Been liked: 24 times
FAF User Name: Krapougnak

Postby fruitychocolate » 08 Feb 2016, 18:23

@Uveso thank you for the explanation man and your English is great BTW :p would be awesome if BlackOps get reintegrated into FAF :D
fruitychocolate

Postby IceDreamer » 09 Feb 2016, 00:18

Uvesco, I'm the one in charge of BlackOps at present. This is as official an offer as you'll get, though I guess I can get visionik to post here if you insist. Legion is an old friend of mine, he's cool, don't worry about him for now :)
IceDreamer
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 488 times

Postby Huzbub » 10 Feb 2016, 03:28

Fairly confused. A few friends and I have been playing BlackOps for years and love the (now gone?!) FAF integration. As it is gone and there isn't a word about it to be found on the main forums I can't help but think the new direction dropped it to focus on the ladder and tourney play development.

As this thread looks to be getting some attention I would like to lend my support as well as findings. As of today Everything with the supplied BlackOps seems to work until you include "BlackOps Adv Command Units V15-3652-04". To back up a step I launch FAF not any of the other variants and enable the mods you provide. Once enabled the game launches and lacks the landing explosion and then you are left with an invisible commander. Tried to play like that and all kinds of badness followed. Tech tree was a mess (build defaulted to T3) and units built had some kind of cloak enabled.

I'm glad to have most of BlackOps but really miss this part :) I saw there was a FAF update again today but it didnt help anything. Dead BlackOps may mark the end of my SCFA playing so I'm quite hopeful for a fix, happy to donate $$ if that help just put up a donation link :)

thanks and if I'm just missing the trick to making this work, please let me know.

bops.png
black ops mods enabled
bops.png (4.76 KiB) Viewed 4187 times

Aha! Did some more reading - testing - and I found that the downloads from here work as long as you use the 3.5 (non-beta) Adv Com Units found here viewtopic.php?f=31&t=11348

I think everything is working now for me, play tested against AI and will try with friends tomorrow.

Thanks!!!!!
Huzbub

FAF User Name: Huzbub

Postby postal » 10 Feb 2016, 12:19

Please don't integrate BlackOps into FAF like it was weeks ago. Loading BlackOps via /init makes it nearly impossible to mix it with e.g. Phantom-X.
postal

Has liked: 3 times

Postby fruitychocolate » 10 Feb 2016, 16:30

@Huzbub BlackOps here is developed for FAF beta which will launch this week (version 3652) it's incompatible with 3650 (isn't playable with FAF lobby at this moment)
fruitychocolate

PreviousNext

Return to Blackops