TVg V4.86 bug

This is for troubleshooting of problems with the FAF client and Forged Alliance game.

Moderator: PhilipJFry

TVg V4.86 bug

Postby Lokriel » 12 Apr 2015, 03:40

ok i had some strange bugs with the mod TVg V4.86 - TotalVeterancy V1 when i use it in the coop missions it works just fine exept for some small dis playing problen with the veterancy but that is a minor error.
but as soon as i try to play it in the normal multiplayer faf i stops working.
whitch means the ui for selecting the different buildings is gone. i can still move the acu but i cant built.
did anyone have a problem like that?
if someone knows a fix pls tell me i really like that mod it would ba a shame if it is broken now.
Lokriel

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Lokriel

Re: TVg V4.86 bug

Postby Deering » 12 Apr 2015, 09:48

It's a known bug. Needs to be updated to the UI stuff. Just got to wait for someone to update it. (unless you know how)
Deering
Evaluator

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 41 times
FAF User Name: Deering

Postby Lokriel » 12 Apr 2015, 17:58

hm if i would know what exactly they changed in the ui i could fix it but i dont know it
Lokriel

Postby ckitching » 12 Apr 2015, 19:06

It should be relatively straightforward for the maintainer of the mod to make the appropriate changes (and they'll find it'll simplify their mod lots, too).
The errors are pretty helpful, and the new UI code quite extensively documented (it is, in fact, designed to make the lives of modders (and myself, of course) much easier)
ckitching

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 69 times
FAF User Name: ckitching

Postby Deering » 13 Apr 2015, 03:19

Author: Eni, maintained by Ghaleon.

Need to contact one of these two to update it or get permission for someone else to update it.

Unfortunately I don't think either one has been around for a while
Deering
Evaluator

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 41 times
FAF User Name: Deering

Postby Lokriel » 25 Apr 2015, 16:56

info: Hooked /lua/defaultantiprojectile.lua with /mods/tvg_v4.86/hook/lua/defaultantiprojectile.lua
warning: Error running '/lua/ui/game/gamemain.lua:OnSelectionChanged': ...ta\lua.scd\lua\ui\game\layouts\construction_mini.lua(508): access to nonexistent global variable "SetNewButtonStdTextures"
stack traceback:
[C]: in function `error'
...alliance\gamedata\mohodata.scd\lua\system\config.lua(53): in function <...alliance\gamedata\mohodata.scd\lua\system\config.lua:52>
...ta\lua.scd\lua\ui\game\layouts\construction_mini.lua(508): in function `CheckEnabled'
...ta\lua.scd\lua\ui\game\layouts\construction_mini.lua(508): in function `LayoutTabs'
...orever\gamedata\lua.nx2\lua\ui\game\construction.lua(416): in function `CreateTabs'
...orever\gamedata\lua.nx2\lua\ui\game\construction.lua(316): in function `OnCheck'
...alliance\gamedata\mohodata.scd\lua\maui\checkbox.lua(45): in function `SetCheck'
...orever\gamedata\lua.nx2\lua\ui\game\construction.lua(2271): in function <...orever\gamedata\lua.nx2\lua\ui\game\construction.lua:2146>
...orever\gamedata\lua.nx2\lua\ui\game\construction.lua(2820): in function `OnSelection'
...\faforever\gamedata\lua.nx2\lua\ui\game\gamemain.lua(421): in function <...\faforever\gamedata\lua.nx2\lua\ui\game\gamemain.lua:411>
...\faforever\gamedata\lua.nx2\lua\ui\game\gamemain.lua(841): in function <...\faforever\gamedata\lua.nx2\lua\ui\game\gamemain.lua:839>
...\faforever\gamedata\lua.nx2\lua\ui\game\gamemain.lua(910): in function <...\faforever\gamedata\lua.nx2\lua\ui\game\gamemain.lua:893>
...\faforever\gamedata\lua.nx2\lua\ui\game\gamemain.lua(939): in function <...\faforever\gamedata\lua.nx2\lua\ui\game\gamemain.lua:923>
[C]: in function `SelectUnits'
...\faforever\gamedata\lua.nx2\lua\ui\game\gamemain.lua(129): in function <...\faforever\gamedata\lua.nx2\lua\ui\game\gamemain.lua:125>
debug: Loading module '\000/lua/renderselectparams.lua\000'
debug: processed Scenario Info.
debug: Built marker table.
Lokriel

Return to Tech Support