Idle Enginneers Side Bar only selectively working [SOLVED]

This is for troubleshooting of problems with the FAF client and Forged Alliance game.

Moderator: PhilipJFry

Idle Enginneers Side Bar only selectively working

Postby Kasai » 16 Mar 2015, 06:37

Hello all,

Firstly let me say that I'm not 100% sure where this should be posted. I decided here versus the mods forum because afaik it's not linked to any mods (as I don't have any external UI mods installed other than what just comes with FAF).

Basically what's happening is that the side bar on the right that shows the different breakdown of idle engineers (t1, t2, SCU, etc) only works for Aeon and UEF. I've tried it with my whole group of friends who play and we all seem to have the same problem, regardless of whos hosting the game. When playing either sera or cyb, after clicking the little arrow to expand the engineers into their tech levels, it just shows one little group where you can see all the buttons mushed together. The mushed button also barely works.

If anyone has had any experience with this problem, any help would be greatly appreciated.
Kasai
Crusader

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Kasai

Re: Idle Enginneers Side Bar only selectively working  [SOLVED]

Postby Vee » 16 Mar 2015, 10:20

I think this is a known problem, I've also seen this. I heard this can be fixed by doing Alt+Up/Down arrow (or was it Alt+Left/Right).
Vee
Evaluator

Has liked: 275 times
Been liked: 225 times
FAF User Name: Vee

Re: Idle Enginneers Side Bar only selectively working

Postby Kasai » 16 Mar 2015, 10:33

Yeah that worked. It looks like alt <-- and --> switch between the different faction UI skins and it looks like the Sera and Cyb skins are just broken atm. I just turned the racial UI skins off in the options so it defaults to the functional UEF gunmetal blue.

Thanks a bunch man. Basically a perfect fix until the skins are eventually put into working order.
Kasai
Crusader

Postby Sheeo » 16 Mar 2015, 11:34

Yeah this is fixed for the upcoming game patch. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Support FAF on patreon: https://www.patreon.com/faf?ty=h

Peek at our continued development on github: https://github.com/FAForever
Sheeo
Councillor - Administrative

Has liked: 109 times
Been liked: 233 times
FAF User Name: Sheeo

Postby Kasai » 16 Mar 2015, 18:28

Good job on the quick fix. We all just started playing again so it wasn't as much inconvenience as I thought something was wrong with my install, or something of that nature. Glad to hear it wasn't just me.
Kasai
Crusader

Return to Tech Support