performance problem/ cpu rating

This is for troubleshooting of problems with the FAF client and Forged Alliance game.

Moderator: PhilipJFry

performance problem/ cpu rating

Postby kekslord » 07 Mar 2015, 11:20

Hi everyone,

i've got some problems with my notebook in faf - first i have an cpu rating of 450, then it can easily happen, that the game laggs und may reduces sometimes the speed when a few hundreds of units are on the battlefield (e.g. when creating 200 bombers, selecting them all and moving them in a near view around)

The System:
- Lenovo T440p
- intel i7 4700 mq (i checked the the performance rating in cpu benchmark - the same as in nootebookcheck (.) com listed)
- nvidia 730m 4gig
- 8gig ram
- ssd harddrive

The Setting:
- Power Setting on "Max. Performance"
- i tried the priority setting "real-time" --> no change

- the processor workload is never really high - 5 to 15%
- when i run cpu-z at before and while starting faf it shows often 800mhz.. in game it goes up to 3300mhz

Any idea how to fix that?
kekslord

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Kekslord

Re: performance problem/ cpu rating

Postby E8400-CV » 08 Mar 2015, 03:50

Hit Fn+F3, make a profile yourself in power manager and lock the minimum cpu frequency at a high point.

Assuming on the crappyfied newer Thinkpad keyboards F3 still holds the Fn function for Lenovo Power Manager.

Then just select that profile before joining.

Also make sure the nVidia card is activated when running FA, otherwise the integrated Intel gpu will take over, and that leeches system memory bandwidth and causes more heatup in the CPU.
E8400-CV
Evaluator

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 32 times
FAF User Name: jcvjcvjcvjcv

Return to Tech Support