Keep losing connection

This is for troubleshooting of problems with the FAF client and Forged Alliance game.

Moderator: PhilipJFry

Keep losing connection

Postby viridian » 05 Mar 2015, 22:23

Hi there:

I keep losing my connection to FAF. Sometimes it will connect, but shortly after I'll see a line like:

Code: Select all
2015-03-05 12:12:29,276 ERROR    faf.client           Error dispatching JSON: {"clan": "", "rating_mean": 1500.0, "country": "DE", "number_of_games": 0, "rating_deviation": 500.0, "command": "player_info", "avatar": null, "ladder_rating_mean": 822.3457038093935, "login": "Eventyde", "çœæ¼æ·¬í»“î˜¯ë¸Šë¿·ï…¼êŒè–³êžƒå…¢ä¢ˆæ¤­áˆ´é¶›î³‚æ½‚è¸©çŒ®æŽé €ç‚­è®­à²®ê²¢éƒ–é‡œí§ŒÂ¡á‡°Ó—åŸšãº¥î á·¢Å î„¦çž„æƒˆà³‘â“Šì†µè¶ƒì¾Ÿ
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "client\_clientwindow.pyc", line 1757, in process
  File "json\__init__.pyc", line 338, in loads
  File "json\decoder.pyc", line 366, in decode
  File "json\decoder.pyc", line 382, in raw_decode
ValueError: Unterminated string starting at: line 1 column 207 (char 206)

and that'll be it. All the tabs will show as offline and I have to restart to see anything. The rest of the internet will be fine, and my connection is 30Mbit/s so it's not connectivity in general.

I have disabled firewall / anti-virus. No change. Added UPNP, no change. Added UPNP (well, NAT-PNP on apple extreme) and set windows as the default host. No change.

I can record network traffic using Wireshark if it helps.
Attachments
forever.log
(9.07 KiB) Downloaded 45 times
viridian

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: viridian

Re: Keep losing connection

Postby viridian » 11 Mar 2015, 14:35

Also, if you want I can run other programs to try and track down the issue. Is there a debugging option to FAF that would track down the issue in more detail?
viridian

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: viridian

Re: Keep losing connection

Postby Sheeo » 11 Mar 2015, 16:01

Hi viridian,

I haven't forgotten about this, sorry! You're experiencing a similar issue to another report a few months ago.

If you could record the traffic with wireshark while the lobby is failing to connect as shown in your log, that would be very helpful!
Support FAF on patreon: https://www.patreon.com/faf?ty=h

Peek at our continued development on github: https://github.com/FAForever
Sheeo
Councillor - Administrative

Has liked: 109 times
Been liked: 233 times
FAF User Name: Sheeo

Return to Tech Support