MohoEngine.dll missing [SOLVED]

This is for troubleshooting of problems with the FAF client and Forged Alliance game.

Moderator: PhilipJFry

MohoEngine.dll missing

Postby Bodzio97 » 03 Mar 2015, 15:44

I'm currently looking forward to creating maps for the loobby with Supcom map editor. Unfortunately I can not launch the map editor as I'm missing mohoengine.dll file. I've tried downloading it from the internet and got my computer infected with a virus. I've searched internet webpages for a while and It looks like as there is no SAFE webpage from where I can download this unpopular file. I can not reisntall the game with a cd as I no longer have access to it. I'might try to reisntall it through steam, but will this help? As the game got installed on my uninfected second computer quiet recently and the mohoengine.dll is missing on this computer as well.

I kindly ask you to upload the mohoengine.dll file so I can download it.
Thanks in advance
Bodzio97
Crusader

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Bodzio97

Re: MohoEngine.dll missing

Postby speed2 » 03 Mar 2015, 18:38

speed2
Contributor

Has liked: 636 times
Been liked: 1119 times
FAF User Name: speed2

Postby Bodzio97 » 03 Mar 2015, 23:45

I added all the missing components to the bin. When I try to run the map editor it starts to launch and closes before ending.

Later this displays:
window name: BsSndRpt

Expected : argument 'c'

While when I want to install the patch notes

It says : Unable to locate SupremeCommander.exe
even thought the exe file is in bin together with patch notes.

Finally if I run Supreme commander exe, but not the Forged alliance exe normally used to run the game following error message is displayed:

Unhandled exception:

attempt to index a string value
stack traceback:

Program : C:\Program Files (x86)\THQ\Gas Powered Games\Supreme Commander - Forged Alliance\bin\SupremeCommander.exe
Cmd line arguments :

Callstack:
Unknown symbol (address 0x00407772)
Unknown symbol (address 0x0040d5b8)
BaseThreadInitThunk + 13 bytes ((Unknown)(0) + 0 bytes)
RtlInitializeExceptionChain + 94 bytes ((Unknown)(0) + 0 bytes)
RtlInitializeExceptionChain + 49 bytes ((Unknown)(0) + 0 bytes)

Last 100 lines of log...

DISK: AddSearchPath: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\THQ\Gas Powered Games\Supreme Commander - Forged Alliance\gamedata\editor.scd', mounted as '/'
DISK: AddSearchPath: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\THQ\Gas Powered Games\Supreme Commander - Forged Alliance\gamedata\effects.scd', mounted as '/'
DISK: AddSearchPath: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\THQ\Gas Powered Games\Supreme Commander - Forged Alliance\gamedata\env.scd', mounted as '/'
DISK: AddSearchPath: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\THQ\Gas Powered Games\Supreme Commander - Forged Alliance\gamedata\loc_PL.scd', mounted as '/'
DISK: AddSearchPath: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\THQ\Gas Powered Games\Supreme Commander - Forged Alliance\gamedata\loc_US.scd', mounted as '/'
DISK: AddSearchPath: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\THQ\Gas Powered Games\Supreme Commander - Forged Alliance\gamedata\lua.scd', mounted as '/'
DISK: AddSearchPath: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\THQ\Gas Powered Games\Supreme Commander - Forged Alliance\gamedata\meshes.scd', mounted as '/'
DISK: AddSearchPath: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\THQ\Gas Powered Games\Supreme Commander - Forged Alliance\gamedata\mods.scd', mounted as '/'
DISK: AddSearchPath: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\THQ\Gas Powered Games\Supreme Commander - Forged Alliance\gamedata\mohodata.scd', mounted as '/'
DISK: AddSearchPath: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\THQ\Gas Powered Games\Supreme Commander - Forged Alliance\gamedata\moholua.scd', mounted as '/'
DISK: AddSearchPath: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\THQ\Gas Powered Games\Supreme Commander - Forged Alliance\gamedata\objects.scd', mounted as '/'
DISK: AddSearchPath: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\THQ\Gas Powered Games\Supreme Commander - Forged Alliance\gamedata\projectiles.scd', mounted as '/'
DISK: AddSearchPath: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\THQ\Gas Powered Games\Supreme Commander - Forged Alliance\gamedata\props.scd', mounted as '/'
DISK: AddSearchPath: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\THQ\Gas Powered Games\Supreme Commander - Forged Alliance\gamedata\schook.scd', mounted as '/'
DISK: AddSearchPath: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\THQ\Gas Powered Games\Supreme Commander - Forged Alliance\gamedata\skins.scd', mounted as '/'
DISK: AddSearchPath: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\THQ\Gas Powered Games\Supreme Commander - Forged Alliance\gamedata\textures.scd', mounted as '/'
DISK: AddSearchPath: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\THQ\Gas Powered Games\Supreme Commander - Forged Alliance\gamedata\units.scd', mounted as '/'
DISK: AddSearchPath: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\THQ\Gas Powered Games\Supreme Commander - Forged Alliance', mounted as '/'
Hooked /lua/userInit.lua with /schook/lua/userInit.lua
Hooked /lua/globalInit.lua with /schook/lua/globalInit.lua
SND: Error initializing audio engine.
Invalid data
Loading module '/lua/sim/buffdefinitions.lua'
Loading module '/lua/sim/adjacencybuffs.lua'
Loading module '/lua/sim/adjacencybufffunctions.lua'
Loading module '/lua/sim/cheatbuffs.lua'
DISK: FindFiles /fonts/*.ttf
Loading module '/lua/keymap/keynames.lua'
Loading module '/lua/keymap/defaultkeymap.lua'

Please help me with running the map editor.
Thanks in advance.
Bodzio97
Crusader

Postby speed2 » 04 Mar 2015, 00:01

Generelly from what Ive seen there are always problem with steam version of supcom and editor
speed2
Contributor

Postby Bodzio97 » 04 Mar 2015, 01:34

Do you think that if a bought and installed a copy of vanilla version of Supcom the editor there would work? Cos I think in vanilla version you can install the editor with the game, am I right?
Bodzio97
Crusader

Postby speed2 » 04 Mar 2015, 01:49

hmm, seems my post got edited and the important part with solution gor deleted...

Get retail version, patch it from 1.0.3189_to_1.1.3280 and its gonna work with the editor Ive posted before.
speed2
Contributor

Postby nine2 » 04 Mar 2015, 07:41

speed2 wrote:Generelly from what Ive seen there are always problem with steam version of supcom and editor

steam worked for me just fine. i had to follow some quirks ...
a) use SC not FA.
b) get editor.scd from somewhere
c) get Supcom Map Editor.exe from somewhere
d) before editing map, copy it here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Supreme Commander\maps
nine2
Councillor - Promotion

Has liked: 285 times
Been liked: 515 times
FAF User Name: Anihilnine

Postby nine2 » 04 Mar 2015, 07:44

Bodzio97 wrote:Program : C:\Program Files (x86)\THQ\Gas Powered Games\Supreme Commander - Forged Alliance\bin\SupremeCommander.exe

My understanding is the map editor does not work with forged alliance. You need to buy Supreme Commander original, then copy all the map editor stuff to the bin directory and edit the maps there. So in your quote above it is talking about that FA directory which looks to me like you launched it from the wrong location.

After you map is finished it will still work with FA, but you won't be editing it with an FA editor.
nine2
Councillor - Promotion

Has liked: 285 times
Been liked: 515 times
FAF User Name: Anihilnine

Postby Bodzio97 » 04 Mar 2015, 19:32

So I download orginal supreme commander off steam, entered the necessary files in to the bin folder of steam supreme commander and the Scd editor does not run. It's starts to launch and immediately closes without any error message.

When it comes to the patchnotes, it can not update as it does not know the location of supreme commander exe although I entered the correct directory to supreme commander exe located in same bin folder.

Do you think that if I would get the game from a diffrent source than steam than the map editor there would work?
Bodzio97
Crusader

Postby Bodzio97 » 06 Mar 2015, 20:17

So I bought the original version of Supcom and installed it,but I'm not able to patch it as patch notes can not find location Of SupremmeCommander.exe even thought it's located in same bin folder and I've selected correct directory. It's the same error I've faced previously. While the map editor does not run as "The procedure entry point??MD5Digest@gpg@@QAE@XZ could not be located in the dynamic link library gpgcore.dll"

I've replaced the old gpg.core.dll file with a new gpgcore.dll from file updated earlier on this thread and the same error appears.

I really have no idea how to run the map editor successfully, if you could tell me what's the easiest way to have functional map editor, I'd be greatful.
Bodzio97
Crusader

Next

Return to Tech Support