[[ANNOYING]] ICE window popup during gameplay

This is for troubleshooting of problems with the FAF client and Forged Alliance game.

Moderator: PhilipJFry

[[ANNOYING]] ICE window popup during gameplay

Postby Zerzetzung1 » 08 Aug 2020, 18:57

So after 10-15min of gameplay ICE window pops up and takes a certain portion of gameplay window as invisible window, but cursor moves between FAF Client and ICE client. I can see the popup clearly but briefly if I do alt+tab, but ingame I only see the cursor effect (that prevents me from selecting units and giving orders where that invisible window is) I have very hard time playing with that annoyance. Is there a way to disable the ICE window? (its a window that has some console text, checkboxes in it and x at the righthand upper corner, not sure if its ice related at all just a hunch). The ICE window is always at lower right corner and takes about 1/6th of the gameplay space. Sometimes Its not on, sometimes its on. When its on, it does not go away and gives me serious performance issues.
Zerzetzung1
Crusader

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: Hakkapeliitta

Re: [[ANNOYING]] ICE window popup during gameplay

Postby Rowey » 09 Aug 2020, 10:58

What version of the clinet are you running as the ICE Adapter was updated to sit in the system tray on game boot
Rowey
Contributor

Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 71 times
FAF User Name: Rowey

Re: [[ANNOYING]] ICE window popup during gameplay

Postby Zerzetzung1 » 09 Aug 2020, 21:20

Latest. I see the systray icon yes, but the window keeps popping up. I try to post picture when it occurs again. (If i can)
Zerzetzung1
Crusader

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: Hakkapeliitta

Return to Tech Support