Sound noise issue

This is for troubleshooting of problems with the FAF client and Forged Alliance game.

Moderator: PhilipJFry

Sound noise issue

Postby Okpuck » 31 Jul 2020, 08:58

Hello all,

I bought a new headset (logitech g935). This headset is awful with the FAF game.
I hear all sound so that it's make a background of noise so that I no longer hear the select sound of my ACU or the my ACU walking.
How I can fix that? Is there any mod to fix that?

With my old headset (sennheiser game zero), i didn't have this effect.

Thanks in advance for your support.
Okpuck

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: Okpuck

Re: Sound noise issue

Postby Okpuck » 31 Jul 2020, 10:20

Please let me add some information...
When I see all the map (zoom out), I shouldn't hear no sound or attenuated sound which is not the case as I hear all sounds (Just guess the noise that it can produce)
When I zoom in on particular place, I should hear only the sound around this spot and not all the other sound exept the fire to prevent any attack. What do you think?
Is there any means to configure appropriate sound? I could fix the issue that i have with my new headset.
Okpuck

Postby Okpuck » 31 Jul 2020, 16:01

Hello,
Let me come back on my issue. I think that it s an incompatibility with G935 headset software and FAF game.
Because when I connect G935 headset by analog wire, the sound is better....
Okpuck

Postby Sprouto » 31 Jul 2020, 20:46

This sounds more like it might be the difference between a normal stereo headset - and one that has surround sound.

And sure enough - the G935 is a 7.1 headset.

In order to have normal sound with FA - you must set the hardware (headset) into stereo mode (which is not the default for this headset). If you do that, it will be just fine. The reason it sounds better when physically connected, via the wire, is that the wire can only deliver stereo sound to the headset. This is not a malfunction of the headset, or of the game. Forged Alliance is simply NOT compatible with any kind of surround sound. It will work for a while, but if you review your game log, you'll see all kinds of XACT and SND errors being thrown - and eventually, and randomly, the game will simply crash.
Sprouto
Priest

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 74 times
FAF User Name: Sprouto

Postby Okpuck » 01 Aug 2020, 21:28

Sprouto, thanks for this clarification.
I understand better but i believe taht i don't siwtch my headset G935 in stereo :(
I bought a headset useless unhappily...
Okpuck

Postby Professor » 01 Aug 2020, 23:21

I have a G633, can't change it into stereo either. It doesn't seem to be causing me any trouble though.

Have you restarted your PC? That has fixed some sound issues for people before, even if their PCs have been turned on and off.
Professor
Crusader

Has liked: 50 times
Been liked: 7 times
FAF User Name: ProfessorJ69

Postby PhilipJFry » 02 Aug 2020, 17:05

you could try to use voicemeeter https://www.vb-audio.com/Voicemeeter/banana.htm

it can help you if you cannot change your sound on the output device to stereo and it also allows you to switch your audio output while the game is running (which would usually break the games sound) since Windows is under the impression that your output source is voicemeeter and thus no sound change is made that directly affects the game
cats>dogs
post logs
PhilipJFry
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 232 times
Been liked: 348 times
FAF User Name: PhilipJFry

Return to Tech Support