Cant host a game [SOLVED]

This is for troubleshooting of problems with the FAF client and Forged Alliance game.

Moderator: PhilipJFry

Cant host a game  [SOLVED]

Postby Dragoon439 » 23 May 2020, 07:59

Each time i try to host a game multiplayer or coop campaign i get this error message java.util.concurrent.CompletionException: com.github.nocatch.NoCatchException: java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "C:\ProgramData\FAForever\bin\ForgedAlliance.exe" (in directory "C:\Program Files (x86)\Downlord's FAF Client"): CreateProcess error=267, The directory name is invalid
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture.encodeThrowable(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture.completeThrowable(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture$UniAccept.tryFire(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture.postComplete(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture.complete(Unknown Source)
at com.faforever.client.fa.relay.ice.IceAdapterImpl.lambda$start$8(IceAdapterImpl.java:229)
at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: com.github.nocatch.NoCatchException: java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "C:\ProgramData\FAForever\bin\ForgedAlliance.exe" (in directory "C:\Program Files (x86)\Downlord's FAF Client"): CreateProcess error=267, The directory name is invalid
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at com.github.nocatch.NoCatch.wrapException(NoCatch.java:61)
at com.github.nocatch.NoCatch.noCatch(NoCatch.java:104)
at com.github.nocatch.NoCatch.noCatch(NoCatch.java:82)
at com.faforever.client.game.GameService.lambda$startGame$41(GameService.java:582)
... 5 more
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "C:\ProgramData\FAForever\bin\ForgedAlliance.exe" (in directory "C:\Program Files (x86)\Downlord's FAF Client"): CreateProcess error=267, The directory name is invalid
at java.base/java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(Unknown Source)
at com.faforever.client.fa.ForgedAllianceService.launch(ForgedAllianceService.java:136)
at com.faforever.client.fa.ForgedAllianceService.startGame(ForgedAllianceService.java:81)
at com.faforever.client.game.GameService.lambda$startGame$40(GameService.java:582)
at com.github.nocatch.NoCatch.noCatch(NoCatch.java:100)
... 7 more
Caused by: java.io.IOException: CreateProcess error=267, The directory name is invalid
at java.base/java.lang.ProcessImpl.create(Native Method)
at java.base/java.lang.ProcessImpl.<init>(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.lang.ProcessImpl.start(Unknown Source)
... 13 more if anyone has any idea how this happened and how to fix it would be greatly appreciated.
Last edited by Dragoon439 on 24 May 2020, 05:49, edited 1 time in total.
Dragoon439

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Dragoon439

Re: Cant host a game

Postby Katharsas » 23 May 2020, 14:59

Does this file exist on your PC?
(requires to change explorer folder settings to show hidden folders)

> C:\ProgramData\FAForever\bin\ForgedAlliance.exe
Katharsas

Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 34 times
FAF User Name: Katharsas

Postby Dragoon439 » 24 May 2020, 04:28

ok i changed it to show hidden folders but im still getting the same error message would this error message have anything to do with me not having a GitHub account?
Dragoon439

Postby Dragoon439 » 24 May 2020, 08:07

i fixed the probelm the execution directory was my problem after setting it to C:\ProgramData\FAForever\bin it worked fine thanks to the person who helped me figure that out
Dragoon439

Postby biass » 24 May 2020, 08:17

Just for reference incase anyone else comes here with this error:

Code: Select all
Cannot run program "C:\ProgramData\FAForever\bin\ForgedAlliance.exe" (in directory "C:\Program Files (x86)\Downlord's FAF Client"): CreateProcess error=267, The directory name is invalid

Means the client is looking for the modified forgedalliance.exe in the incorrect folder
You can change that here:

When we got the user to put the exe path in number 4 (C:\ProgramData\FAForever\bin normally) the issue was resolved.
Map thread: https://bit.ly/2PBsa5H

Petricpwnz wrote:biass on his campaign to cleanse and remake every single map of FAF because he is an untolerating reincarnation of mapping hitler
biass
Contributor

Has liked: 598 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: biass

Return to Tech Support