Logging in on the website

This is for troubleshooting of problems with the FAF client and Forged Alliance game.

Moderator: PhilipJFry

Logging in on the website

Postby Plasma_Wolf » 23 Dec 2019, 17:25

Every time I try to log in on the website, I get the message that I have exceeded my number of attempts to log-in and have to input my username and password again, then fill in a captcha. This (obviously) started when I once forgot my password and tried the wrong one three times, but I would think that after a successful login the website would forget the number of times I did it wrong, and just lets me in immediately now that I know my actual password.

Can it be fixed that way?
Plasma_Wolf
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 91 times
FAF User Name: Plasma_Wolf

Re: Logging in on the website

Postby codepants » 18 May 2020, 16:44

(it was either necro this thread or make a duplicate, so I apologize for the necro)

Same problem here—I had forgotten my pw and tried until I got the captcha, then changed it.

Now, I always get the captcha. My first try, even with the correct password, redirects to the captcha screen. I then retype my un/pw in addition to the captcha and can log in. Yes, I am sure I am typing the correct password the first time.

Can the captcha be disabled after a correct login?
codepants
Priest

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 54 times
FAF User Name: codepants

Re: Logging in on the website

Postby Brutus5000 » 19 May 2020, 10:47

The 9th Doctor wrote:You think it'll last forever, the people and cars and concrete. But it won't. One day it's all gone, even the sky.
Brutus5000
Councillor - DevOps

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 288 times
FAF User Name: brutus5000

Return to Tech Support