Unable to login

This is for troubleshooting of problems with the FAF client and Forged Alliance game.

Moderator: PhilipJFry

Re: Unable to login

Postby Katharsas » 30 Jul 2019, 19:39

Then you can maybe try to request a different IP from you ISP (or trigger that by powering off your router for some time). Could be that your IP is on some blacklist.
Katharsas

Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 34 times
FAF User Name: Katharsas

Postby Swizzlewizzle » 17 Jul 2020, 02:55

I also have huge problems connecting with your server. It seems there are some significant issues with your provider, or somewhere along the route. Please take a look at this tracert.

Swizzlewizzle

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Swizzlewizzle

Postby Brutus5000 » 17 Jul 2020, 11:15

Your issues already start at 1.213.153.210 with 2 packets dropped and one with ping of >900. This IP address is in Seoul so loooong before it even reaches Europe. I don't necessarily see an issue with Hetzner here.
The 9th Doctor wrote:You think it'll last forever, the people and cars and concrete. But it won't. One day it's all gone, even the sky.
Brutus5000
Councillor - DevOps

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 288 times
FAF User Name: brutus5000

Postby Mittur » 18 Jul 2020, 17:30

I have the same issue. Was able to log in and play fine the past few days, then my game crashed and I am now stuck on the Logging In... screen. If I enter my password wrong it immediately stops the attempt by telling me that the password is invalid, but whenever I enter the correct password I am just stuck logging in. Logs and tracert shown below.
Attachments
downlords-faf-client.log
(8.93 MiB) Downloaded 3 times
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (50.03 KiB) Viewed 709 times
Mittur

FAF User Name: Mittur

Postby Mittur » 18 Jul 2020, 17:37

I was eventually able to login after about a dozen attempts, and it was very slow. Would still appreciate someone in the know giving a potential fix in case brute forcing the login ends up not working in the future.
Mittur

FAF User Name: Mittur

Postby Swizzlewizzle » 23 Jul 2020, 03:17

I don't think there is a fix on our end Mittur. There are issues with the FAF server and it's setup.
Swizzlewizzle

Postby Swizzlewizzle » 24 Jul 2020, 09:46

Ok, so it looks like the solution to this problem is to call your IP Provider and request that they pull you off of CGNAT.

FAF get's wrecked by CGNAT, and will cause connection drops in the middle of your game with specific people, based on their provider.

If your provider removes you from their CGNAT pool, you will have a PUBLIC IP address directly assigned to your router, which will allow you to maintain connections stably to other players during the game.

Poor aussies have most of their providers sticking them under CGNAT.. :(

*Edit: This is only of course if your provider is using CGNAT for landline connections... 10+ years ago around when supcom was "young", pretty much *no* carriers used CGNAT for their landline customers, however, now, with IPv4 addresses being expensive, many providers have started to get cheap with their IPv4 and are slamming hundreds or more customers behind a single public IP address. Pretty much every mobile phone/IOT device/etc.. that needs a public IP is under CGNAT, and it's just somewhat recently that providers have started to enroach on their landline customers as well, asking for extra to get what previously was free.

Capitalism at it's best. ~_~
Swizzlewizzle

Previous

Return to Tech Support