Downlord Client map download bug.

This is for troubleshooting of problems with the FAF client and Forged Alliance game.

Moderator: PhilipJFry

Re: Downlord Client map download bug.

Postby Apofenas » 04 May 2019, 14:48

r51Snaiper wrote:Use steam folder of the game(steamapps\common\Supreme Commander Forged Alliance), i.e. move maps/mods manually to maps/mods(create folder). Fixed problem for me. Created shortcuts on the desktop for an invalid folder(where FAF downloads maps/mods) and folder(steam) which FAF actually use, made my life easier for now.
P.s. Does someone know programm, which will auto move/copy files from folder to folder?

Yes, it is called Python FAF client.
BalanceVictim wrote:I tried it out, and yes, the anti-torpedo is a useful tool now. Sadly, the rest of the unit is still extremely weak compared to any other frig
Apofenas
Contributor

Has liked: 179 times
Been liked: 180 times
FAF User Name: Apofenas

Postby therionn » 05 May 2019, 21:58

Hi. Sorry for my english.
I have the same problem: After i reinstalled windows, FAF client downloads files to :
C:\Users\Олег\Documents\My Games\Gas Powered Games\Supreme Commander Forged Alliance

but uses for game original steam folder:D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Supreme Commander Forged Alliance

When i try to join the game wih mod game says :" You've aoutomaticicaly were disconne..."

If to put manually maps and mods folders from FAF to original steam folder - then it's ok, everything runs perfectly.
therionn

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: therionn

Postby Umenyalapkee » 15 Jun 2019, 13:59

So is here some kind of fix yet, except manyal move every map?
Umenyalapkee
Crusader

FAF User Name: Umenyalapkee

Postby PhilipJFry » 15 Jun 2019, 14:40

the game supreme commander forged alliance can't deal with the cyrillic in your windows username

you can either change the username or copy mods/maps into the following directory:
Code: Select all
C:\ProgramData\FAForever\user\My Games\Gas Powered Games\Supreme Commander Forged Alliance\

or you wait for the next client release
cats>dogs
post logs
PhilipJFry
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 232 times
Been liked: 348 times
FAF User Name: PhilipJFry

Postby Umenyalapkee » 23 Jun 2019, 11:25

Well, I change user map name to latin symbols and still client creates(!) old map with сyrillic and plases any map or mod here.
If i move it to new map its works, but it keep dowloding files in old map that not even exist any more. :shock:
That was seems like fixed problem but after server change it reterns. That very annoyng bug and again seems like I'm not only one who have it.
Thanks anyway.
Umenyalapkee
Crusader

FAF User Name: Umenyalapkee

Postby Hully » 16 Apr 2020, 20:20

Hi All

If anyone has any ideas about the issue below... please

Game installed through Steam:C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Supreme Commander Forged Alliance\Maps

I've made a shortcut to run the FAF patched game without using the FAF Client, this works fine, shortcut link C:\ProgramData\FAForever\bin\ForgedAlliance.exe

New computer new install, the FAF Client is downloading map files to:

C:\ProgramData\FAForever\cache\maps\large
and
C:\ProgramData\FAForever\cache\maps\small

I cannot see these downloaded map files, they do not appear within the map list when i run Supreme Commander ForgedAlliance, tried moving said map files to:

C:\Users\****\Documents\My Games\Gas Powered Games
and also
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Supreme Commander Forged Alliance\Maps

Unfortunately still no joy, does it have to do with the new FAF Client Map files are PNG files?
This is really frustrating anyone have any ideas?

Thx
Hully

Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: Hully

Postby Rowey » 16 Apr 2020, 22:47

Try Goign in to setting and Eneabling this option and see if this works for you ?

Rowey
Contributor

Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 71 times
FAF User Name: Rowey

Postby Hully » 17 Apr 2020, 09:49

Wow, i didn't expect that to work!

Thank you very much, extremely appreciate this, just fantastic!!!

Thx.
Hully

Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: Hully

Postby RoC » 25 Apr 2020, 01:11

I think what I posted here sounds like the same problem: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19118
Only I couldn't figure out which folder the files should be placed in.
Logs are attached to my post.

beyond what has been discussed here:
* The client stopped creating FAF replay files under ProgramData\FAForever\replays
* Turning on that alt folder option fixed the issue with the mods / maps
* The client (or the game) keeps creating a folder MyGames\Gas Powered Games\Supreme Commander Forged Alliance\ (which is and remains empty) upon each start of the client.

v1.1.6 didn't change anything so far.

EDIT:
* Turning the "alternate folder" option created a "user" folder under C:\\ProgramData\FAForever\ and in that folder the whole MyGames\Gas Powered Games\Supreme Commander Forged Alliance\ path had been reproduced, plus the maps/mods folders. Downloads went there, and I was able to join the lobby of games with mods.
* Turning the option OFF again seems to re-set the folder to the C:\\Documents\Username\MyGames\.... folder and since it works as expected. I was able to copy maps / mods files into the respective dirs and they were available when creating a game.

Did not yet check if replays are being created or not.
RoC
Crusader

Has liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: RoC

Postby RoC » 25 Apr 2020, 15:26

Solution: "Did you turn it off and on again?"

1) In Downlord's FAF Client, go to "Settings" > Genral > Use Fallback Vault location > ON
The client will use C:\ProgramData\FAForever\user\maps...\mods etc. as an alternative location for all that stuff.

2) Restart the client and join a game or start a game (I don't know if it is necessary to actually join/start a game, but I did and it worked)

3) In Downlord's FAF Client, go to "Settings" > General > Use Fallback Vault location > OFF
This will put the primary directory back to C:\Users\[Username]\Documents\My Games\Gas Powered Games\Supreme Commander Forged Alliance\maps... \mods

4) Exit the client. Move all files which may have been created during 1) and 2) to C:\Users\[Username]\Documents\My Games\Gas Powered Games\Supreme Commander Forged Alliance\maps... \mods Replays will still be saved to C:\ProgramData\FAForever\replays\

5) Start the client and you should be all set. At least for me everything was back to normal after doing this.
RoC
Crusader

Has liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: RoC

Previous

Return to Tech Support