Can't link my account to Steam (sigh) [SOLVED]

This is for troubleshooting of problems with the FAF client and Forged Alliance game.

Moderator: PhilipJFry

Can't link my account to Steam (sigh)

Postby Vencam » 06 Mar 2019, 02:14

Just as the title says. I checked if my profile is on public (it is) and tried following all the steps several times. The result is always the same, the system saying that "your profile isn't public or you don't own SUP COM", both of which aren't true.
Help? :\
(I'm actually not sure which account I should link since I first registered SUP COM on an old Steam account and then allowed my "main" account to use it but... I tried with both :( )
Vencam

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Vencam

Re: Can't link my account to Steam (sigh)

Postby Voodoo » 06 Mar 2019, 02:21

Some times it takes a hour for steam to set your profile to public.
Voodoo

Has liked: 251 times
Been liked: 344 times
FAF User Name: Voodoo

Postby Vencam » 06 Mar 2019, 15:21

Thanks for the quick answer!
But it still isn't working :( (about half a day passed)... Should I wait more?
Vencam

Postby Voodoo » 06 Mar 2019, 16:13

Vencam wrote:Thanks for the quick answer!
But it still isn't working :( (about half a day passed)... Should I wait more?

So you own the Sup Com gold edition with the Addon FA? You only wrote that you bought SupCom.
Voodoo

Has liked: 251 times
Been liked: 344 times
FAF User Name: Voodoo

Re: Can't link my account to Steam (sigh)  [SOLVED]

Postby Geosearchef » 06 Mar 2019, 16:32

Get the public url of your steam profile and open it in in a browser without being logged in. Can you see it? Does it show the Games button publicy? Is Forged Alliance listed under those games? (not under recent activity)

If all of those are true and you still cannot link, pm me your steam id/profile url and I'll confirm your identity on steam and FAF and manually link the account.
Developer, Server Admin, ICE, currently working on Team Matchmaking, FAF Client
Geosearchef
Contributor

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 127 times
FAF User Name: Geosearchef

Postby Vencam » 06 Mar 2019, 17:14

So you own the Sup Com gold edition with the Addon FA? You only wrote that you bought SupCom.

I own both Supreme Commander and Supreme commander: Forged Alliance, I don't know if it's a Golden Edition or not as I bought the CD half a decade ago. When I activated it on Steam (before we had to link the FAF account to Steam), those two games were what I got.

Get the public url of your steam profile and open it in in a browser without being logged in. Can you see it? Does it show the Games button publicy? Is Forged Alliance listed under those games? (not under recent activity)

Aye, it seems like Steam is at fault here... I can't see my games, even though I put them on public more then 12 hours ago... I guess me wanting to play as soon as I reinstalled the game was a far off dream ;-;
Should I try contacting Steam or just wait? (Just to be clear, the games are still public on both profiles, as the settings attest)
Vencam

Postby Geosearchef » 06 Mar 2019, 18:55

Setting the games to public is another setting seperate from public profile and and public inventory, though on the same settings page. If that doesn't work you will probably have to contact steam.

Alternatively:
If you want I can also manually set your account as linked in the database after confirming you own FA on a steam account that belongs to you (by mesaaging you via steam) and confirming your FAF account (by sending an email to the address set in your account). To do this just pm (private forum message) me your steam profile id/link and the name of your FAF account.
Developer, Server Admin, ICE, currently working on Team Matchmaking, FAF Client
Geosearchef
Contributor

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 127 times
FAF User Name: Geosearchef

Postby Vencam » 07 Mar 2019, 20:57

After another check with a clearer mind (not offuscated by the rage of wanting to play immediatly), I found that I put my inventory on public... Using the italian version of Steam, I thought that was the right setting... (Yes, it was dumb of me not to throughly check the whole descriptions for each setting, I'm sorry D: )
I apologize for wasting your kind effort and patience and thank you for trying to help out, now I resolved everything.

Thanks again, you guys are why we're still able to play this game in multiplayer smoothly, since I'm not often around the forum I take this chance to thank you all for that :)
Vencam

Postby SadNoob » 07 Mar 2019, 21:41

after over a month I cant conect to steam and all that,its shit,everything is set to public and always says the same.
Attachments
Bez naslova.png
Bez naslova.png (364.1 KiB) Viewed 1216 times
SadNoob

Has liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: SaadNoob

Postby PhilipJFry » 07 Mar 2019, 21:51

pm me a link to your steam profile or your steam user ID
cats>dogs
post logs
PhilipJFry
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 232 times
Been liked: 348 times
FAF User Name: PhilipJFry

Return to Tech Support