Left vs Right Auto Settings - Not applying [SOLVED]

This is for troubleshooting of problems with the FAF client and Forged Alliance game.

Moderator: PhilipJFry

Left vs Right Auto Settings - Not applying  [SOLVED]

Postby Zigster » 12 Jan 2019, 12:24

Hi

Great to have the opportunity to get technical support on a game I love so much.

When hosting a game on the Legacy Version, I get the below error. The actual issue is that when the teams spawn, they are all set to FFA and not left vs right. Can you help?

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "src\downloadManager\__init__.py", line 168, in _finished
PermissionError: [WinError 32] The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process: 'C:\\ProgramData\\FAForever\\cache\\map_previews\\faf_coop_theta_civilian_rescue.v0012.png.part'

Runtime info:

FAF Username: Zigster
FAF Version: 0.18.1+3081
FAF Environment: production
FAF Directory: C:\ProgramData\FAForever
FA Path: : C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\supreme commander forged alliance
Home Directory: C:/Users/ABSA437SMITHSTREET/Documents
Platform: Windows-10-10.0.17134
Uname: uname_result(system='Windows', node='DESKTOP-T6GSVPM', release='10', version='10.0.17134', machine='AMD64', processor='Intel64 Family 6 Model 60 Stepping 3, GenuineIntel')

Zig
Zigster
Crusader

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Zigster

Re: Left vs Right Auto Settings - Not applying

Postby Uveso » 12 Jan 2019, 20:02

Hello Zigster,

welcome to FAForever!

Code: Select all
PermissionError: [WinError 32] The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process: 'C:\\ProgramData\\FAForever\\cache\\map_previews\\faf_coop_theta_civilian_rescue.v0012.png.part'

This error means, you cant' access the file "faf_coop_theta_civilian_rescue.v0012.png.part"

First of all, "faf_coop_theta_civilian_rescue.v0012.png" is a picture (png file). So it has nothing to do with the game or spawnorders.

".part" at the end of the file tells us, this file is only partial on your HDD (download is still running)

"The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process"
While we are downloading this file we have no longer access to it because its used by another programm/process.

This can happen if you start both game clients (pyton-legacy cllient and Java-Downlord's client)
Also possible that the download was interupted or stopped.
OR maybe you only switched a tab inside the client while this file was loaded (It's a map preview picture)

But as i said this has nothing to do with the game itself. I wrote this just as info.

If you have time, please post us a "game.log" (save it directy after the game whre you got the unwanted spawn ordering).
Maybe we see some errors inside the game log where the spawn ordering is executed.
Uveso
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 291 times
FAF User Name: Uveso

Return to Tech Support